JP RETIRED TRACKS

Home Forums General Questions JP RETIRED TRACKS

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

BIGG ROME, thanks for that but this thread needed to be under the JP library listing. You had also used the library’s name specifically in the topic which I’ve asked folks not to do (since changed by me). In the future please put any questions or comments, dealing with a library, in the library listing. My bad as I did not catch it in time (trying to do too many things at once!).

To repeat:

Specific music library questions

Just a reminder that the forum is not a place for any specific music library related questions. Please ask them under a particular library’s listing. It’s the only way to build a knowledge base of composer’s experiences. Any forum questions about a particular library will be deleted.

I tried e-mailing you but you left a bogus e-mail address.

Thank you

Art

#9141 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Damn… I guess that means no gold watch and cake for me! 😉

#9142 Reply
    axiomdreams
    Participant

Tracks which said ‘retired’ are now back to ‘approved’.

The tracks may say approved now but they are still not showing up in the player. So, “approved now” shown in our account doesn’t mean that they are available for client usage.

#9143 Reply
    axiomdreams
    Participant

I’d rather they tell me straight up that the tracks been removed & freed so that I can submit them elsewhere. It’s either in or out.
    However, I think, best to give them some time to sort it all out & see what happens in a couple weeks. In the meantime, more composing to get done.

AxD

#9144 Reply
    axiomdreams
    Participant

Ok, it’s been answered in the JP forums. The “retired” tracks are now approved & back in the catalog. Resolved.

#9145 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

My tracks formerly know as retired now show a status of “approved” in my cue list, but do not appear in my profile. I am waiting patiently to learn if my removed and formerly “retired” tracks are released from the JP agreement. I don’t thing the folks at JP know the answer to that.

#9146 Reply
    axiomdreams
    Participant

Mine neither. Not showing up on profile.

In limbo. Wait.

What else can we do?

#9150 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Hey AxD… As you know, what matters is not what they call the tracks– approved, removed, retired, etc… It’s whether or not they will actively pitch it. What would concern me is if tracks were originally “retired”, does that mean JP probably won’ t pitch them very actively. You mentioned your tracks were exclusive, so you need more info to decide if you should have them removed from your JP exclusive agreement. Otherwise, they could be in limbo for a long time.

Good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: JP RETIRED TRACKS
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us