Katy Perry lawsuit

Home Forums News Katy Perry lawsuit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Vlad
    Participant
    #32771 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

And that’s the problem with juries of lay people trying to decide copyright issues. Total BS. I don’t hear it. Do you?

#32772 Reply
    Tbone
    Participant

I don’t hear it either. The snap sound in the percussion and the tempo are similar but that’s pretty much it. In my view this verdict is crazy.

#32773 Reply
    StevenOBrien
    Participant

Hopefully she’ll appeal it. This is a ridiculous precedent to set. The very resonant 808 sounds the same and the melody has a similar sort of arc, but so do the millions of other trap instrumentals in existence.

At least we’ll all have a stable source of income going forward if we can just randomly sue artists to make ends meet.

#32774 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Nope. Apart from a slightly similar rhythmic synth pattern (very common to trap music) and a percussion (snap),i’m hearing 2 different tracks.

#32775 Reply
    RM90
    Participant

Someone beat Marvin Gaye’s estate to this one lol

#32776 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

I don’t hear it at all not even close…..but what I do hear sounds like a rip off of a sample from Spirit In The Sky by Norman Greenbaum in the Joyful Noise track at the beginning ………lol

#32777 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

There simply has to be another motive behind this. To even say that Finger-snaps (A non melody/non musical Item) is similar, means that we would have to “Really Stretch” to find anything of similarity..

#32778 Reply
    Arcana
    Participant

They do sound pretty close, lined up next to each other.
    Also the ‘you know what it is’ vocal that they both have in the intro, is hardly a coincidence.

#32779 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

They do sound pretty close, lined up next to each other.
    Also the ‘you know what it is’ vocal that they both have in the intro, is hardly a coincidence.

It’s a No for Me Dawg..

#32780 Reply
    Edouardo
    Participant

I listened to the 2 tracks…
    Seriously?
    She must have had a bad lawyer… It should pretty easy to demonstrate that this type of beat is present in thousands of songs… She will probably appeal.

#32781 Reply
    Paul Biondi

A quick read of the decision: basically, the jury found that “Dark Horse” had similar elements that they heard in “Joyful Noise.” They listed a few examples like the sound of the 808 kick, the tempo and the similarity of the shape/arc of the melody. So the good news is, unless something changes this looks like a new revenue stream for litigious songwriters.

#32783 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Rick Beato does the best breakdown of this. The previous vids I have heard have altered the pitch and tempo of the KP track so it sounds like a mashup, hardly proof of anything. Another BS lawsuit IMHO

#32784 Reply
    Denbo_17
    Participant

Wow if this is considered a rip-off then Country Music should be rolling in lawsuits…

#32792 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

ABC just covered it….

https://youtu.be/4YYHsTub8cY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Reply #32774 in Katy Perry lawsuit
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us