Kontakt half price

Home Forums Software Kontakt half price

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kenny
    Participant

Native instruments still have the 50% of sale, and I’m thinking about reaching out for Kontakt 5.

But I wonder if the stock library that comes with Kontakt is any useful at all. I see it mentioned somewhere that it sounds pretty “hobbyist”. Is anyone of you getting decent results with it, and is it worth $270/€199?

#13752 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

But I wonder if the stock library that comes with Kontakt is any useful at all.

I find I use very little of the stock library.

#13756 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

There is a lot of bloat in it however IMO the Vienna stuff is good, Studio Drummer and Vintage organs are nifty. That being said the factory stuff is way superseded by 3rd party libraries. Is Kontakt worth it at half price, absolutely. Its really the only game in town for sample libraries that has widespread support.

#13757 Reply
    mikevan
    Participant

The Kontakt 5 library seems to be the same as the K4 one, there is some useful stuff like the VSL orchestra sounds but nothing particularly stands out. Good if you need a ‘fast’ sound without going through a dozen libraries. If you have an older version of Komplete there’s a good offer for the upgrade to K9 and in this bundle there’s a lot of interesting stuff. I just got the upgrade and still ‘getting to know’ all the libraries but I’m quite satisfied with the quality and quantity. definitely worth the price of the upgrade.

#13759 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I rarely use the stock sounds that come with Kontakt
    I use it mostly for 3rd party libraries, like LASS and Symphobia.

If more libraries switched to Mach5, I’d use Kontakt even less often.
    Eduardo Tarilonte’s libraries and Cinematique use Engine, which is OK.

But definitely grab it at half price, so you can host 3rd party libraries.

#13763 Reply
    Kenny
    Participant

Thanks for the input guys. I do mostly pop/rock and some Rnb and bluesy stuff, so I’m in no need of big orchestral libraries. For my use I have actually been able to get ok reults that has made me money, with strings from the Logic library.

I know that 3rd party plugs are better and i’ll probably grab some of those sooner or later, but my main point was if the stock library can be used at all with decent results?
    It is not a toy for wannabe producers ala Garageband I hope?

@Dennis, I’m sure the organs are just fine, but probably they can’t compete with my B3 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Kontakt half price
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us