Las Vegas. Newbie Veteran. 100s of placements, but new to reaching out….

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Las Vegas. Newbie Veteran. 100s of placements, but new to reaching out….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SHorton
    Participant

“Whats up” from Las Vegas. Decade + in the Industry, but new to reaching out so please be gentle. 😉

Been in the scene for a while now as an Artist and Music Producer in multiple genres. Probably around 300-400 placements at this point. Started exclusively w/Hip-Hop & Urban Music (my artist side), but one agents creative stretch led to another and it expanded to Old School, R&B, Acid Jazz, Funk, Electro, Breakbeat, Ambient, Pop, Rock, Trap and then Scoring down to Sound Design.

Started in Nashville, then Atlanta, then moved to Asia for almost a decade and worked with the entertainment industry over there. Now back stateside in Las Vegas and looking to build up my placements and production work. Vast majority of my resume came from a great manager and a few agents that hustled. I’ve been that “You do the business, I’ll make the music” guy for so long that I’m kinda new to the networking for myself, adding clients, handling my own “paperwork” thing.

I’m wanting to grow, and willing to ask. I’m glad a site like this is available with so many opportunities to learn from seasoned veterans as well as feed off the hunger of people just getting into the game. I’ll gladly share what knowledge I have, but I bet I’ll be asking more questions than answering.

#37598 Reply
    elzamusic
    Participant

Hi Shorton,
    sounds like we are in the same ball park as far as experience and variety of music! I’m definitely intrigued and would love to hear your music and maybe collaborate ?! I am a prolific writer/singer songwriter former professional jazz singer, classically trained voice, currently sing a WIDE range of genres and recently released my first ambient electronic beat box jazz spoken word track most all of my past sync’s were with my acoustic folk/pop/americana bluesy rootsy music 🙂 I’m at: https://soundcloud.com/elzamusic please share where I can hear some of your music! Best, Elza

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #37598 in Las Vegas. Newbie Veteran. 100s of placements, but new to reaching out….
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us