Latest BMI Payout – May 20, 2022

Home Forums General Questions Latest BMI Payout – May 20, 2022

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Just a note to say I’m happy… my latest BMI payout (May 2022) is higher than all payouts combined from Jan 2021 to Feb 2022 (6 payouts).

I was just about reaching the point of frustration (too much effort not enough returns)… this is a much needed boost in morale! 🙂

Thanks to all here at MLR and best of luck!

#39752 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that MM_Musicworks. Only the 19th here so hasn’t hit the U.S. yet.

#39753 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Thanks Art… I usually get it 1 day prior.

#39754 Reply
    audioscott
    Participant

Mine was deposited a day earlier in my account. I’m in Oregon.

#39756 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@audioscott. Yep you are right. Just checked mine and the same here.

#39757 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

Just a note to say I’m happy… my latest BMI payout (May 2022) is higher than all payouts combined from Jan 2021 to Feb 2022 (6 payouts).

I was just about reaching the point of frustration (too much effort not enough returns)… this is a much needed boost in morale! ?

Thanks to all here at MLR and best of luck!

Awesome!! Congrats!!!

Payout here was the lowest in a couple of years. Mediocre, but not horrible.

#39758 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Thanks @LAwriter! I hope your next payout is better and more praiseworthy!

#39759 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Got our BMI Statement this morning. Mediocre would be my word also. The most startling placement was for a song I co-wrote in 1978 showing up on The Today Show on NBC. Go figure.

#39760 Reply
    Music1234
    Participant

I was pleased and earned about what I expected.

Happy to see these networks HGTV, YES, VICE, NBA TV, MOTOR TREND, Bally Sports pay royalties.

The Streaming services HULU, NETFLIX, PEACOCK, AMAZON still love to pay us pennies, but I did notice a few line items where the pay was in the $10 to $50 range. THE VOICE show being one that pays a lot more.

TV Promos were underwhelming in terms of what they paid. I had a track on a flagship network promo campaign in the Fall of 2021 for CNN and was paid “NADA” ….nothing. Will have to follow up on that as it aired on every commerical break on CNN for about 2 months straight. I guess someone was not in the mood to file promo logs at CNN? Ridiculous! I have an orchestral track behind their ad with all their stars: Anderon Cooper, Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon, Erin Burnett…etc. promoting how great of a network they are yet I do not get a fecking royalty??? My track aired on Prime time TV 7 PM to 11 PM every night, I saw it on TV every day with my very own eyes.

Have a listen friends:

Foeign:
    Canada and Brazil were strong, UK/ PRS is still underwheming. All in all, I still feel as though ASCAP does a better job with Foreign royalties.

#39761 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

Check with your library – CNN tends to be direct licensing ie zero royalties.

#39762 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

A little lower than the previous 2 statements but still good. International royalties were the best so far, covering almost 40% of the payment.

#39763 Reply
    SMCM
    Participant

I had my highest payout yet, thankfully. Still growing after 8 years and a comfy range for a while.

#39764 Reply
    Music1234
    Participant

CNN tends to be direct licensing ie zero royalties.

I have seen royalties for background cues from Fareed ZaKaria’s special CNN shows.
    The bottom line is that this is a flagship ad/ promo campaign for the entire network of CNN and it was broadcast globally most likely, with audience sizes of at least 50 to 100 million viewers. This is not a small potatoes media presentation.

I will be making noise about this one with the library as well as directly with BMI.

I have tunesat logs too. This piece aired relentlessly for about 2 months straight as 60’s, 30’s and 15’s. Why should it be treate any different than a major ad campaign?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Latest BMI Payout – May 20, 2022
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us