Lend me your Ears!…Please? lol

Home Forums Critiques Lend me your Ears!…Please? lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    losloslos
    Participant

This are my currents tracks im trying to shop around(no luck yet) but i think it might need to go to the next level and your guys critique can really help me out.

Thank you for your time and ears

Dannyc
    Participant

where are the tracks?

losloslos
    Participant

sorry for that had a brain fart

LAwriter
    Participant

Yes. IMO, you will have trouble placing these tracks with an upper end library. You can try uploading them to RF style sites but I would not expect a lot of $$ or placements from them.

It’s not that they are “unusable” but there are literally hundreds of thousands of tracks like this out there. If you need “specifics” and are willing to take constructive criticism, I’m sure there are many here who could make suggestions.

I’ll offer one. Despite what one of the guys who charges you to be in his syndicate to learn how to “write” says, a composition is NOT 4 bars long with rotating textures. Even in these genre’s. You’ve got to dig deeper. Simplicity is often amazingly complex. Good luck.

BEATSLINGER
    Participant

LAWriter, my friend. You mean it is not alright to rotate my textures? I guess I’m just back to only rotating My Hips.. Party Pooper! 8-P

losloslos
    Participant

i just want to thank everybody that actually took time out of their day to listen to my music. Any information is helpful in this venture, hopefully i do receive more criticism because someone told me it will help me develop some thick skin in this business in which i do want to succeed! So keep coming with it!!! Cause it can help another newbie out as well

Thank you for your time and input!

BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Good Attitude!

LAwriter
    Participant

LAWriter, my friend. You mean it is not alright to rotate my textures? I guess Iโ€™m just back to only rotating My Hips.. Party Pooper! 8-P

Ermmmm……

There’s a lot of guys (gals?) who made pretty good livings rotating their hips. Kind of a different career though….. ๐Ÿ˜€

As for rotating textures, there are of course no rules, but if all your songs consist of 4 bar “compositions” with textures dropping in and out…..well, what can I say…. You wouldn’t attract my attention, I’d be gone in about 12 bars or so.

Now that said, can you post a link to you rotating your hips??? You might attract all our attentions…. heh heh

Seriously though, two things. I’d like to quote myself.

Simplicity is often amazingly complex.

Study the great masters of any art form and learn how simplicity is often accomplished via incredibly subtle complexity. Texturally, melodically, production wise, etc.. A 4 bar hip hop “beat” can be quite intriguing if you dig into a really great one.

And second :

Good Attitude!

Agreed!!! I’m so used to people asking for comments and then slagging anyone brave enough to tell it like it is. Bravo losloslos!!

BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Hope you don’t mind Brother LA. I sent you a couple of attachments in your PM

LAwriter
    Participant

Got em! Nice.

You gotz some jazzy roots bro!

You need an ending on that second one though….. ๐Ÿ˜€

BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Thank you Brother LA!! Just getting them solid, and ready to go “To Market”

You don’t like my abrupt ending? I was trying for my (Seinfeld episode) “Beat Nazi approach”..

“NO BEATS FOR YOU!!”

hahaha

LAwriter
    Participant

Ha! OK, gotcha. I’ll expect an ending when I hear that on the next national commercial I hear…. ๐Ÿ™‚

BEATSLINGER
    Participant

You are too kind! I am humbled! (bows head)

boinkeee2000
    Participant

I love the riff on the AI track..kinda reminds me of Axel F. was yearning for it to go somewhere and take me on a journey ๐Ÿ™‚

Dannyc
    Participant

like others have said might be useful to start with some RF libraries and see how you get on. try catch a few sales.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Lend me your Ears!…Please? lol’ is closed to new replies.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us