Libraries for the heavier indie track…

Home Forums General Questions Libraries for the heavier indie track…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tobias

Hi!

Firstly I’d like to say thanks Art – this site is a real find. Excellent resource.

For those of you that veer towards the heavier indie sound, which libraries have you found to be most effective at placing your songs? If anybody here has an idea about this, I would really appreciate your input (by way of private message of course!)…

Please find below a couple links to some recent compositions:

https://soundcloud.com/tobywheeler1979/wanderlust-1

https://soundcloud.com/tobywheeler1979/silver-bullet-1

Thanks!

#7959 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

I would suggest checking out Audiosocket. I thought your tracks were really good. One piece of advice – try making them a little easier for editors to use. You might want to try adding in breaks (between sections). Also, if the track has a very long intro, you might want to keep it an ambient track. If you have drums and bass that come in heavy after a while, then consider shortening your intro. Your tracks might get skipped over if the person auditioning them doesn’t wait around for the rock groove to kick in.

Lastly, it’s always good to have a definitive, resounding ending. Editors will edit back from this, so it’s arguably the most important part of any library track.

#7974 Reply
    Tobias

Hi Mark – thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. A good point you make about the long intro – and the endings. Perhaps some editing needed to make them more library-friendly.

Audiosocket certainly come across on initial viewing like one of the more discerning libraries. Good call.

I see you’re involved in the trailer music scene; how’s that panning out? Digging the website by the way!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Libraries for the heavier indie track…
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us