Licensing direct from your own website???

Home Forums General Questions Licensing direct from your own website???

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mojorising

to this point my website has just been a landing area to pitch my music to potential libraries. However I was planning to add my catalog just simply organized by genre/mood on there so I could pitch direct to supervisors. No fancy search options just like different albums based on mood. Is it ok for the music to just be available for download and stream and then if someone wants a license to have them contact me? Or do you really need some special kind of software to do this? Is it ok without password protection? And is the paperwork something that can be figured out after a license is requested? Kinda going in blind on this.

#24411 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster
    #24412 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Hi Mojorising
    You could give our free php script a try to cover what you want to do…
    http://musiclicensingsoftware.com/

-Mark

#24435 Reply
    mojorising

thank you Mark! I’m not very tech savvy but my web person asked if it can be installed on a wordpress platform? that is the content mgt system currently used on my site.

#24440 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I’m not very tech savvy but my web person asked if it can be installed on a wordpress platform?

I’ll jump in here. One person here used it in an iFrame on a WordPress site. It’s in a thread somewhere on MLR.

#24441 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Hey mojorising here’s that link http://www.synaptic-machines.com/license-our-music/. Mark’s software on a WordPress site.

#24446 Reply
    SCP
    Participant

Are there any other working examples of Mark’s Music Licensing Software…? The link to the “live test site” seems to be broken. Would love to see how it’s working for other composers.

Thanks!

#24447 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    #24467 Reply
    Happy Ears
    Participant

I can’t get over how amazing it is that Mark Lewis has shared this software for free with us. Hats off to you sir!

#24487 Reply
    SCP
    Participant

Hi Mark,

I’m having some trouble with the install, is there someone I can email to get some help with this? I’ve posted my issue on the music licensing software forum a few minutes ago, but I’m not sure how often people look there. I’d really like to be up an running before the end of the weekend.

Thanks!

#24495 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Hi-
    You can email my programmer directly at guru4vedi [at] gmail [dot] com.
    Can’t really tell but from what you posted sounds like you might need to change the permissions on some of your directories.
    -Mark

#24498 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Hats off to you sir!

Thanks Happy Ears.
    My programmer and I will be putting more work into the software this year and hopefully add more features and make it easier to install.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Reply #24446 in Licensing direct from your own website???
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us