Living near a major metro area….

Home Forums Newbie Questions Living near a major metro area….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Anyone see an advantage in living near a major metro area and what would it be (short of god forbid showing up at a libraries doorstep or otherwise stalking them). I ask because I am only 3 hours from NYC and have been there frequently. Or by selling your music locally (thinking maybe ad agencies etc)?

#17161 Reply
    jaapvisser
    Participant

I am living in the Netherlands and though Amsterdam is near and cities like Berlin and Paris are around 6 hours away, I can deal with all my business online and have been in touch with game producers, music libraries etc from all over the world without a problem. I have never felt the urge to move closer to a bigger city (though I lived and worked in Paris in the past, but that was inhouse).

For local agencies it can be practical I think, though I hardly deal with any local companies and agencies myself.

#17164 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I don’t get cell phone reception. 😀

#17166 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

I was really just curious. I am going to think about going to some local places bit not right away. Just wondering about whether my relative proximity offered some opportunities I may not have been aware of for any reason really. So you’internAtionL Michael? The singer in our band is originally from Holland. I think he said Hitler made his parents nervous…

#17167 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

No Chuck. US. Just moved to the country. The cost of living is lower.

#17168 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Yes saw that was jaap….thinking I’m looking for an excuse tfor another road trip to New York City, haven’t been in a few years. Love it there, although I think my desire to move closer to the area dissipates as I get older. BUT have to admit, I do like it when I come across a library that looks promising and is out of there.

#17170 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Just moved to the country.

To be clear: I meant that I just moved from a major US metro area to a small village…also in the US. I didn’t just move to the US.

#17243 Reply
    andrej
    Participant

I think inspiration would be the major advantage for me, when I lived in NYC I would to take walk in the central park and recharge ,now I have to watch out not to step in the cow xxxx.
    But I don´t complain ,every place has it`s magic ,but just to be on the safe side I have to fly to some major metro area now and then.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Living near a major metro area….
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us