Logic on Mountain Lion

Home Forums DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) Logic on Mountain Lion

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kenny
    Participant

Is anyone of you successfully running Logic on Mountain Lion without any bugs?

I don´t have any issues with Logic at all, but I`m still on Snow Leopard. It works perfectly, but my old Mac is begging for a retirement pretty soon 😉 I really don`t wanna change DAW, but I hear so much about this GUI latency issue and that Apple refuses to do anything about it. It makes me a bit worried, but maybe it is just the bad stories you hear about and there is actually a lot of people working with Logic on ML without any troubles at all.

#9490 Reply
    mesasand
    Participant

Hi Kenny:

I’m running Logic Pro 9 on Lion, and I haven’t had any issues at all.  I’ve held off on going to Mountain Lion, because I also use Pro Tools 10.  With the new announcement of Pro Tools 11 this week, I’ll probably upgrade to ML very soon.

I’d check the Gearslutz forum and the Logic forum online (I forget their URL) to check on ML compatibility.

#9491 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

I’ve been told by several composers (who like me, use a lot of virtual instruments) to not move beyond Snow Leopard for Logic. Too many bugs and apparently it runs a lot smoother / faster in SL.

Maybe you should hold off an upgrade until the new Mac Pros come out (allegedly next month) and the fabled ‘Logic X’!

#9496 Reply
    jimandroz7
    Participant

I’ve hedoth that the “fabled LogicX” will not have loops included!!! Odd. Anyone suggest a company theft recommend door best loops that isn’t too expensive ?  Thanks

#9497 Reply
    jimandroz7
    Participant

jimandroz7

I’ve heardthat  the “fabled LogicX” will not have loops included!!! Odd. Anyone suggest a company that you recommend  best loops that isn’t too expensive ?  Thanks

#9537 Reply
    Michelle Qureshi

I’ve not had any issues with Mountain Lion and Logic Pro 9 and I’ve been working in it for several months!

#9539 Reply
    JD

No problems here. Been using it for about 7 months.

#9541 Reply
    Kenny
    Participant

Glad to hear it`s working out for some of you. But I`m still hesitating about upgrading.

Michelle and JD: Which versions of Logic and ML are you using?

I’ve been told by several composers (who like me, use a lot of virtual instruments) to not move beyond Snow Leopard for Logic. Too many bugs and apparently it runs a lot smoother / faster in SL.

This is what I`ve heard to, and there also seems to be some graphic issues with the Mouse and Keyboard latency. This might work out fine in ML since I`ve got the latest AppStore updated Logic version, but nobody really knows where the problem is as far as I understand. I would really love to stay on SL, but I`m facing the need of a new computer pretty soon, and there is no way to run SL on the new Macs. Pretty ironic that the safest upgrade might be a Hackintosh 😉

Maybe you should hold off an upgrade until the new Mac Pros come out (allegedly next month) and the fabled ‘Logic X’!

Thanx for the tip Mark. I did not know there was a new Mac Pro coming so soon. But it will probably be overkill for me anyway, as the new Minis has become so powerful.

Regarding Logic X, I don`t waste any time waiting. Who knows when or if it will come out. I`m pretty satisfied with Logic 9. I just want a new and faster computer with an OS that can run Logic as smooth as my 6 year old Mac.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Logic on Mountain Lion
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us