Looking for a Nice Sounding Piano Plug-in

Home Forums General Questions Looking for a Nice Sounding Piano Plug-in

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    likatheplugins

Was wondering if anyone could suggest a nice sounding VST plug-in Piano, that is both inexpensive and not overly processor hungry?  Ideally a grand piano of sorts.  Is the steinway piano in East West Symphonic Orchestra any good? Thanks in advance.

#6479 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Very personal subject. I use the Soundiron Emotional Piano for slower stuff and the Galaxy vintage D for everything else. They cover the basses for me.

#6482 Reply
    John (the other John)

The Ivory Italian Grand II was on sale a while ago. Not sure if it still is.

John

#6498 Reply
    danphillipson
    Participant

A favourite of mine is ‘Piano In Blue’ by Cinesamples. It’s not that versatile but in my opinions has a lovely tone and is actually nice to play as well. It uses lots of voices so can be heavy on the system though…

#6500 Reply
    brianmcbrearty
    Participant

There’s no good answer to this. I have lots of pianos and I love and hate them all. East West Steinway is flat out excellent. But Emotional Piano is the one I couldn’t live without.

I’ve heard True Pianos is a good performer in terms of being system friendly.

#6501 Reply
    Emmett Cooke
    Participant

Ivory Grand Pianos II and EWQL Pianos here. Like both – but the Ivory Grand Pianos is the more versatile of the two.

#6502 Reply
    Steve

Most of the piano players that I’ve spoken with tend to like the Ivory the best.  XLN audio is coming out with “Addictive Keys” later this month I believe.  They might be worth checking out.

On a completely unrelated note, I have a seriously hard time reading the captcha codes on here.  This post took 3 or 4 attempts.

#6503 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

“On a completely unrelated note, I have a seriously hard time reading the captcha codes on here. This post took 3 or 4 attempts.”

Sorry, I have no control over that as it’s a third party solution and the only one available. This forum would be flooded with spam if I did not have any. As it is there are anywhere from 5-10 attempts a day!

#6506 Reply
    Steve

“Sorry, I have no control over that as it’s a third party solution and the only one available. This forum would be flooded with spam if I did not have any. As it is there are anywhere from 5-10 attempts a day!”

Yeah I know, no problem.  Its just something that I’ve happened to notice recently on all sites.  The captcha codes are getting nearly impossible to read.  Or maybe I’m just getting old 😀

#6507 Reply
    MichaelL

Ivory II and Emotional Piano. I have a love/hate relationship with 8dio’s Legacy Piano.

I’d love to buy Cinesamples Blue, but the money went elsewhere

@brianmbrearty…nice to see you here.

#6514 Reply
    brianmcbrearty
    Participant

Thanks Michael. Back at cha.

I just got the update to PIB but haven’t installed it yet. Found the previous version charming in theory (to say the least) but nearly unplayable in practice. Expect the updated version to be great. Big problem with PIB is it reminds me that Bill Evans I’ll never be. 🙂

#6523 Reply
    adam

alicia keys for kontact ? its ok to my ears but think its just one piano sound – ie hers.

#6528 Reply
    Anders

I use alicia keys and thinks it’s excellent – very expressive. I made the bottom end sound at bit more full by combining it with a EWQL piano. Now it’s totally awesome 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Looking for a Nice Sounding Piano Plug-in
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us