marketing short instrumental clips(15/30 sec.etc)

Home Forums General Questions marketing short instrumental clips(15/30 sec.etc)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gary Shore

Wonder if I could get some feedback/ tips on how to market the kind of short clips you hear on TV in commercials as well as the full length tracks they’re made from …

#32247 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@Gary Shore. That’s basically what this site is about!

Start here https://musiclibraryreport.com/blog/newbie-info/

#32248 Reply
    Gary Shore

Thx for replying- just found this site and would be interested in any feedback from people who have also been thinking in terms of marketing the shorter clips made from a full -length track or who have done this…Looking for places that want these in specific as well as the full length version….

#32249 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Thx for replying- just found this site and would be interested in any feedback from people who have also been thinking in terms of marketing the shorter clips made from a full -length track or who have done this…Looking for places that want these in specific as well as the full length version

This is standard practice for practically every Library that is doing TV/Film placements..

#32256 Reply
    Gary Shore

You know I assumed that would be the case, + based on the listings I was getting from them sent to my email inbox,I was surprised to find that Music X-Ray only accepts full length tracks for submission…I was in contact with customer service over there and will continue trying to figure things out in terms of their guidelines…
    Another site I’ve just started looking at (in the context of a general online investigation of things,which led me here as well)is Musicbed, and the same thing seems to be the case over there.. not that they don’t accept the short clips made from a full length track along with it..but they say they don’t have any on their site at present….
    Since my production process is focused on this, ideally I’d like to find places specializing in providing pre-made 15/30 sec.etc.clips for their clients and/or people in the industry across the board looking for this….

#32258 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I’d like to find places specializing in providing pre-made 15/30 sec.etc.clips for their clients and/or people in the industry across the board looking for this….

You are approaching this the wrong way. I don’t think you will find anyone, or company, working this way. Every library I’ve ever heard of wants a full length track (at least 90 seconds) with alternate mixes (15, 30, 60 DnB, bed, etc.).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #32248 in marketing short instrumental clips(15/30 sec.etc)
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us