Master Music Licensing Course

Home Forums Newbie Questions Master Music Licensing Course

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    calliope
    Participant

Has anyone ever enrolled in Michael Elsner’s Master Music Licensing course?

I’ve looked into it, but he seems to contradict his own teachings when he is speaking candidly in live Q&A’s and on panels.

#39910 Reply
    Leon
    Participant

Like many other Music Supervisors, he seems to have found a niche during the pandemic by conducting webinars and panels as a means of making money as all the work dried up which evaluated the value of libraries to the point that another music supervisor mentioned in a FB group that they were only willing to pay $500 tops for a library title whilst at the same time encouraging people to open DISCO accounts and sending those links to other supervisors including them
    So it seems like many Supervisors decided to start their own mini-libraries.

Now here is something I find interesting most of these people will have special webinars on metadata but see the thing is there is no industry standard for metadata so it’s really up to the music supervisor to set their own standards so basically they are making people do all the work for them AND these music Supervisors are also lobbying to become unionized.

So it’s not only Michael Eisner offering courses which if you ask me are all overpriced,long on promises and short on results

#40050 Reply
    John

I actually just took the course and think it was pretty great. I believe he started developing the course before the pandemic. It is very well organized and informative, and most importantly he makes himself accessible. Having access to a true industry “insider” is very valuable and worth the price of admission (for me at least). He REGULARLY personally replies to questions from users in the group, or lets people know where the answers can be found. As I invest more time in developing music for licensing, and a LOT of money in studio gear, I feel like the course has given me great direction so that my limited time is spent in ways that will help me be successful. Seems to me money well spent. Work smarter (not just) harder. Feel free to let me know if you have other questions about it.

#40053 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

“Feel free to let me know if you have other questions about it.”

Two questions – one, how much is the course? Two, why can’t I find any credits for him on IMDb?

#40054 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

Oops. Never mind on question 2. I spelled it Eisner not Elsner. Doh! 2 Credits I see. The course better be pretty reasonable if he only has 2 credits. 🙂

#40063 Reply
    calliope

the course is like $2k. used to be $800 but he seems to up the price with each iteration.

re: imdb credits, I think he mostly works through libraries, so the credit might be for 5 Alarm Music but his cues were used.

#40069 Reply
    John

I admit I’m too much of a newcomer to know whether his licensing his music to a library, and then that library licensing it to a show/movie/production merits an IMDB page entry, but here’s a link to his credits from his website:

https://www.michaelelsner.com/credits

Regarding the pricing, I think the course registration is closed right now (maybe so he can interact with the people as they go through the course?) and I think the pricing might vary, so I’d check next time the course is open:

https://www.mastermusiclicensing.com/programs

#42415 Reply
    AnnieLynnMusic
    Participant

I took Michael Elsner’s Master Music Licensing course and I too feel it’s fantastic! I purchased it at the start of 2019 I believe. I have lifetime access in the version I purchased. I invested in it and I’m so glad I did. I also took his 7 Day Sync Ready Challenge recently to brush up on things after the pandemic as I was still building my catalog and preparing to start searching for a music library. I found MLR because of him as he’s always willing to share resources and build community, as well as is constantly staying up to date in the industry and working himself in it. I too have found he responds personally to my questions and truly cares about the success of other artists and musicians. But Michael also teaches to do your research. No one cares about your success as much as yourself. “To your success!” he says.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #40050 in Master Music Licensing Course
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us