Mastering Plugin

Home Forums Software Mastering Plugin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Danny Truitt
    Participant

I’m late getting this posted, but I just haven’t had time to test this plugin before today. It is on an introductory sale that–unfortunately–ends today. And, Art, please move this if you think there is a better place for it.

Softube has released a mastering plugin based on Drawmer equipment emulation. They are calling it the Drawmer S73. Drawer made some excellent tube-based equipment back in the day, and their gear is probably still top notch–I just haven’t owned any of their current gear. This product was created in concert with Drawmer, but I didn’t see anything on either Drawmer’s or Softube’s sites that mentioned the specific equipment that is modeled.

The introductory price is $75 and I believe it goes to $100 tomorrow (March 1). There is a demo available, but you’ll need and iLok. I’ve tried it for a couple of hours on several different projects and I believe it might be a good buy for the price. It could be a quick fix to top off a mix, especially when you’re in a hurry. There’s a video on Softube’s site that gives an overview of it. There are 10 presets with four variable parameters for each preset.

If you have the time for such things, it will never replace multi-band compressors, limiters, mid-side processors, etc., but I was able to get some really nice master mixes without too much work using this thing (and it looks cool!). Here’s Softube’s link:

http://www.softube.com/index.php?id=drawmers73

Sorry for posting this so late, but if you find this in time, I would really recommend that you try it.

Danny

P.S. – I have no ties to either Drawmer or Softube. I just like this product.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Mastering Plugin
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us