Mastering Software.

Home Forums Software Mastering Software.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

I was just wondering what Mastering Software people use and what they would recommend if it were different to what they currently use.

Michael.

#7877 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

Ozone

#7878 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

Flux.

I wouldn’t use anything different but if I had to, I guess I’d try Ozone first.

#7879 Reply
    DMCPRODUCTIONS
    Participant

For a superb quality limiter Masseys L2007 is a no brainer – http://www.masseyplugins.com/

You can download an unlimited trial (only restrictions are no automation and it doesn’t save your settings but it’s cheap as chips anyway)

For a mastering grade compressor (and you can’t afford hardware) then the Waves SSL G series bus compressor never fails.  UAD’s version of the Neve 33609 is stellar as well.

#7881 Reply
    Adam

Simple one – waves bass enhancer low pass filter – the glue ( crap I know but it works for me ) then sonnox limiter

#7883 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Ozone

#7885 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

All in one solution Ozone is the standard, the Flux Alchemist is the best multi band dynamics, expensive and deep. Massey Limiter is fantastic but Protools only.

The Glue is definitely NOT crap. I have used it on many things and beats or equals any SSL bus comps out there.

I use a combo of things which I think gives a better result

In this order

Waves NLS

Waves C6 Multiband

Waves Kramer Tape

McDSP Limiter

Spectrum Analyser

Phase meter.

All modules in Ozone of course, I just prefer to have each component individual.

#7886 Reply
    GaryW
    Participant

Ozone 4

#7887 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Primarily Ozone

But, like Denis, I have a bunch of tools in my ear candy jar.

In no particular order:

Oxford Inflator

The Glue

Waves Tony Maserati GRP

Slate Digital Virtual Consoles

Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machine

Right now I use Ozone 5, but I’m thinking about upgrading to Ozone 5 Advanced to get individual component control AND Insight metering. (any thoughts on that Denis?)

#7888 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Right now I use Ozone 5, but I’m thinking about upgrading to Ozone 5 Advanced to get individual component control AND Insight metering. (any thoughts on that Denis?)

Apparently its quite CPU intensive, its moving a lot of pixels around !!!  I dont have the skills to interpret what I would be seeing either LOL

I dont think I would have a use for the individual components with all the other stuff  I have. Its also quite expensive.

#7889 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

All modules in Ozone of course, I just prefer to have each component individual.

So you’re going into each module and tweaking?

Thanks for the tip…money to spend elsewhere.

Hmm…the Lexicon dropped its price on the PCM bundle 🙂

#7891 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

So you’re going into each module and tweaking?

I have Presets in each plug, The NLS and Kramer dont usually change at all apart from gain staging. The C6 is adjust to taste and the Limiter is usually set to Dynamic and -.5 db output.

I never liked the sound of Ozone 1-4.  5 seemed a lot better but it freaked out Protools so I binned it. I think that these days you can get the better individual elements at the same cost. Waves stuff has come down a lot. It was always good just way too expensive for the current market.

Check your mail !!! I sent you a link to the new Valhalla which is brilliant

#7893 Reply

If you want a quick and easy way I would suggest you could try Toontracks EZMix2 with the added mastering pack. The interface is simple to use and the results are reasonable.

#7903 Reply
    danphillipson
    Participant

Hi all,

Lately I’ve been using: (all Waves)

SSL Bus Compressor

CLA-2A

Q1 or Q2 (just for a LF roll off)

L3 Multimaximizer

L3 Ultramaximizer (if I need to squeeze a bit more out!)

Oh, and an IK Multimedia TR3 Meter

Pretty happy with the sound overall, but I’m always tweaking and trying new plugins.

#7909 Reply
    JunL

@danphilipson

Thanks for intorducing the plugins you use in mastering. As a composer I like your tracks and shiny sound quality(espetially piano based track). I also tried to compare and refer to one of your tracks with my track to reach that quality. So your post is pretty helpful to me:).

JunL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Mastering Software.
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us