Metadata is the biggest little problem plaguing the music industry.

Home Forums News Metadata is the biggest little problem plaguing the music industry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster
    #32332 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

#32334 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

Definitely a good read…..long but informative…thanks Art

#32340 Reply
    Music1234
    Participant

Yes very informative and it seems like what I take away most is this: It’s better when one person is EVERYTHING: writer, publisher, mixer, label, artist, featured artist, master owner, copyright owner, and so on. Google/ youtube are just getting away with murder IMHO. YOUTUBE (Google) should be paying all the PRO’s $1 Billion each so we can truly be paid fairly from the PROs when our music streams on line. I’m tired of seeing pennies earned from streaming and internet especially in an era where people consume visual media content on youtube as much if not more than cable tv.

#32341 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

YOUTUBE (Google) should be paying all the PRO’s $1 Billion each so we can truly be paid fairly from the PROs when our music streams on line.

That’s a big assumption that the PRO’s would distribute fairly…. I can only imagine what BMI would do with a billion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #32334 in Metadata is the biggest little problem plaguing the music industry.
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us