MIDI controller, digital piano or keyboard synth

Home Forums Hardware MIDI controller, digital piano or keyboard synth

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Musicmatters
    Participant

Greetings fellow composers. So I have been in the market for a new keyboard controller and am seeing that options are limited. After exploring this market, i am seeing other options. Digital pianos are one, they have USB connectivity, a nice weighted feel at a great price point. The only thing lacking is a mod wheel. Is there a way anyone knows of getting around that. The second point is that a weighted 88 key MIDI controller comes at around the same price as a weighted keyboard synth such as Yamaha or Roland. The synths have USB connectivity, weighted keys and all the sounds as a bonus which are integrated digitally into your DAW so it sounds like a much better deal, or am i missing something ? Thanks in advance for your comments. Happy composing !!!

#28844 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

So I have been in the market for a new keyboard controller and am seeing that options are limited.

Options are limited? You must be in a Rural Area..

The best way to find the right Midi Controller for you is to “lengthily test drive them”

Not a advertisement for Guitar C, but they are “damn Near everywhere”. Go, and ask a LOT of questions, and try some out to see what works the best for you. Also, If you are in the USA there is a 30day no questions asked return policy…

#28846 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

If the sounds are there, and the price is the same, think about what specifics you are looking for. I sold my Yamaha MOX (and I’m not even a keyboard player) and at that I am sorry I did. If you are trying to choose between Yamaha and Roland, what I kept hearing consistently was that Rolands are more “synth ” oriented, where the Yamaha’s are more about acoustic sounds, pianos, etc. On the other hand, I still wonder how much I would have used their sounds as I have quite a bit of sounds (arguably better ones) at my disposal now.

#28855 Reply
    Leah J

The brand new Yamaha MX88 synthesizer is ALL of those things you mentioned, combined!!! Look it up, it’s incredible, I am ordering one this week!!! Weighted 88 keys, plays like a grand, has 1000 voices, also has all MIDI control capability and plugs right into your DAW and you can control and record from there. Peace man.

#28859 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Check these out, a whole different take on keyboard controllers:

https://roli.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #28855 in MIDI controller, digital piano or keyboard synth
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us