Mix of genres, would love some feedback!

Home Forums Critiques Mix of genres, would love some feedback!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ben_B
    Participant

I would love some feedback on some tracks I wrote a while ago.

There are a few different genres in there but any feedback at all would be really appreciated

Cheers!

#30543 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

Ben_B….tried to pull up your tracks on the link you have for soundcloud but it did not work…gives me an error…not sure what’s going on there…

#30544 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Hi there Ben! Sounds really good! “Como Siempre” is too short, You had me groovin’ over here and then it was over before I knew it..
    “Beyond The Hills” is really good as well, I think the “Synthy Shaker thing” is too prominent in the mix, and distracting though. I’m thinking maybe even omit it. More Chris Isaac/Twin Peaks, less current model EDM..
    “In Your Mind” is gonna make you some Bread!! That’s where you need to be going; never-mind primarily submitting Instrumentals!!
    If that is YOU singing, I can tell you now. “That combined with your Guitar work is Your Wheelhouse!!” Your vocal is very refreshing. Much like James Taylor, smooth and effective at the same time.

Good Work!!

**Footnote** I would do an edit, and shorten the entry for “In My Mind”. You need to get to that vocal pronto!! Also, it should be first in your Soundcloud line-up, That’s your deal getter!!

#30546 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

Ok Soundcloud didn’t work on my Ipad imagine that…………….great tracks Ben …….very good mix solid volume…a few suggestions….watch the compression ….couple of these sounded squashed Ozone has a tendency to do that I noticed … I’m not sure if that is the plugin your using just guessing….believe me i’m dealing with that monster also…also give me some transition from the different parts of the track like “Beyond the Hills” from the electric guitar to the acoustic I felt wanting a transition there I.e. risers, whitenoise. reverse cymbals and such….from what I understand film and tv libraries love transitions that is if you are going for these types of libraries……”In your mind” the vocals I feel are just to in your face to dry and not setting in the mix…Need a plate reverb maybe to fatten them up I use 4 separate track on my vocals ..slightly detuning each one to fatten the vocals….I use WAVES plugin called Doubler…works great on vocals I could also hear vocal harmonies on that track but that’s my music mind at work……and yes short intros are a must music supervisors give you maybe 4 seconds of their time or your toast you have to hit between the eyes right out the gate so I’m told….remember these are just my suggestions……. feedback always makes us better producers of our tracks .The tendency to be a producer God in our own studio’s is very real lol ….peace out

#30551 Reply
    Ben_B
    Participant

Cyberk- are you still struggling with it? It is a private link so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Beatslinger–thank you so much man, I absolutely see where you’re coming from. I was trying to keep them short in order to not bore the listener, it is me singing and I highly appreciate the feedback/kind words!!

#30552 Reply
    Ben_B
    Participant

Missed your message for some reason, cyberk! Thanks a lot man, some solid advice, I wrote these tracks around a year ago, so I’m able to listen back with more of an objective point of view and I definitely agree with your advice, thanks again man.

#30554 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

Hey Ben and Beatslinger… spam filter ate it …….Art got it back….that’s why it suddenly appeared…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #30544 in Mix of genres, would love some feedback!
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us