Mother Earth

Home Forums Critiques Mother Earth

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Turk
    Participant

Hello, Guys

Please check out my track Mother Earth. I had some fun making this one.I don’t know the genre, I believe it could be ethnic and chill. Let me know guys

https://soundcloud.com/thekhuu/mother-earth/s-2h3Ut

Cheers

#31065 Reply
    Barbie
    Participant

Turk, way super cool track — I’m thinking maybe “World Fusion” but not sure??
    Cheers,
    Barbie

#31067 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Thanks for sharing, it has a cool vibe. Reminds a bit of “Enya”

I do have a question for you though. No offense, but those “triplet snare fills” don’t break up the flow of the groove to you?

#31069 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Agree, nice track and I heard the snare fill thing also. And I think the horn stab sound could be more realistic.

#31072 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I totally agree with BEATSLINGER regarding the triplet snare fills. It breaks up the flow. The triplet is too mechanical. Maybe try a different figure and a more organic sound.

I also agree with Michael on the horn stabs. They’re too precise and sound fake. If the notes are quantized, try to randomize and humanize a bit. Try voicing the chord with different instrument combinations, like trumpet and sax or trumpet, sax, and trombone. Also, everything else has a sort of dreamy wash but the horn stabs stick out. Try adding a cool delay and some more reverb. Just from an arranging perspective, the brass play the same chord 24 times without variation. That’s a lot. Try adding notes to the chords, passing chords and altering the rhythm.

As far as genre goes, it’s a Contemporary Instrumental/New Age /World Fusion mix, the kind of track that the might be licensed by Nat Geo or The travel Channel and for documentaries or corporate projects with global content.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Mother Earth
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us