Music Library Website programmer?

Home Forums Online Promoting Music Library Website programmer?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    huge
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a good person or company that has experience with designing/programming a music library website (user accounts, shopping carts, search engines, .csv import, music player, etc.)? Would be much appreciated!

#25814 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Have you checked this? https://musiclibraryreport.com/music-services/build-music-library-website/. Mark’s software is free and will give you all of that.

#25816 Reply
    soundspot
    Participant

If you decide to go the traditional route check graphic River for wordpress templates. There are some pretty excellent ones, all the tools you need built in, and if you hire a developer that is cool with building off of the template you choose this should should reduce their costs substantially… I’m in the process of doing the same thing with my site…

#25840 Reply
    huge
    Participant

Thanks for the replies.

I didn’t think Mark’s software had the ability to create users/logins.

I’ll check out the wordpress templates Soundspot. Thanks.

#25846 Reply
    soundspot
    Participant

My bad huge, I thought it was graphicriver but it’s themeforest… (one of the evato sites.) I’ll PM you with a link. Cheers

#25869 Reply
    huge
    Participant

Thanks. Wrote you back.

#25870 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

Debbie Downer alert!

In the interest of public safety / disaster prevention, I wanted to chime in with this:

You probably won’t find anyone with the skills and experience to pull off what you need (building an e-commerce library website from the ground up), unless you can pay more than $20K for the build (I’m including data entry in this fee), then likely a retainer for tweaks and fixes each month. And then there’s marketing to get paying customers… which will take more time and money each month.

You’ll find plenty of website designers and developers who will claim they can do it for less, but it will almost certainly be a long drawn out mess.

20k is conservative by the way – I know of another RF site that just went up that cost 100k and took three years. A friend is about to launch his RF sites and it took him two years and about 40k.

#27030 Reply
    muchasmusic
    Participant

Or you could use a back end service like http://www.cadenzabox.com

#38765 Reply
    mimo
    Participant
    #38871 Reply
    b1nrybl0ke
    Participant
    #38915 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

Does anyone have any experience with these three suggestions that came up in this thread:
    Cadenzabox
    StockMusic Template
    HarvestMedia
    Thanks

#38916 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

By the way, I tried hiring a website designer to create my music library / searchable database, and he suddenly quit after a year, and with about half the website finished.
    I’m guessing it’s a lot more difficult than it seems.
    That’s why I would rather go with a company that has already created their template that works.
    Argh.

#38929 Reply
    b1nrybl0ke
    Participant

No personal experience with Harvest Media, but last I looked they were used by a number of established music libraries in U.K.

#38954 Reply
    dcrhere
    Participant

Don’t forget SourceAudio. It’s the biggest (20 million tracks hosted, 2600+ catalogs) and used by pretty much all the major broadcasters. (Full disclosure – I’m with SourceAudio).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Reply #25869 in Music Library Website programmer?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us