Music licensing for a theatre play in high-school?

Home Forums General Questions Music licensing for a theatre play in high-school?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I would appreciate for advice since recently I’ve got a request to license about 8 tracks for a school play in US (i am from Europe) which will be played every night for a one week. Mostly orchestral soundtrack/trailer music. What is the usual fee for that in US and is there any sample contracts where I can use it with the school? Are the royalties also paid by that kind of projects?

Thanks!

#8196 Reply
    Greg

Danilo, are they your tracks and you are asking how much to charge, or do you need to find tracks and need to know how much that may cost you?

#8197 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Greg, thanks for your reply.

The music is composed and produced by me. I own the copyright and master recording rights, so I would be giving them my music for use. And yes, the question is how much should I charge them?

Thanks

#8215 Reply
    Greg

I would check out some of the royalty free sites and see what it would cost to license music of the same length you are providing.

For example,  revostock has three tiers for their pricing (standard, wider and wide).  I would expect the school play would fall into the “standar” distribution tier.

Depending on the cue length, it could be from $20 on up per track.

#8262 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

thanks Greg.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Music licensing for a theatre play in high-school?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us