Music Licensing Software

Home Forums Share It! Music Licensing Software

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

I just wanted to mention that the free Music Licensing Software that my programmer and I created for composers has a new version to fix some minor issues with the CSV importer (the feature that lets you point to audio files on a remote server such as an Amazon bucket).
    If you are using the CSV importer already there is an upgrade package as well so you do not have to re-install.
    http://www.musiclicensingsoftware.com/

We have had lots of installs of this software already and people seem to be very happy with it. We are doing these free upgrades and bug fixes as time allows.

For those that are not aware this software package was designed for you, the production music composer, to easily create your own music licensing website where your clients can preview, purchase and download your music with no middleman involved.

We are offering this software package at absolutely no cost.
    All you need to use this software is…
    1. A website that is hosted on a server where you have ftp access and can access your phpadmin (essentially the same requirements as setting up a wordpress blog on your server).
    2. A paypal account so you can be paid.

#22869 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

bump

#22870 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Nice Mark, thanks!

#22871 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Hi Mark, copied those files over but still showing v.03.

#22872 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Those are the new files though. They will work.

#22874 Reply
    GM
    Participant

Mark,
    first of all, thanks a lot.
    My website is currently on Weebly and I know your software won’t work there. Can you (or anybody) recommend a decent (cheap …) web host where you know your software will work? I am pretty much clueless about web hosting (I guess that’s why I chose Weebly), so I don’t know how to make sure that the host I’m choosing will grant access to myphpadmin – not even sure what that means 🙂
    thanks a lot

#22875 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Hey GM
    I can’t reccomend cheap hosting from personal experience as I have been out of that market for a while now but whenever I see questions about hosting the recommendation for hostgator seems to always pop up.
    Here they have a worpress plan for $9.95 a month
    http://www.hostgator.com/managed-wordpress-hosting

One of the hosting companies I use has a $4 a month plan for a basic website with a database…
    https://www.westhost.com/web-hosting/personal-hosting/

When I say myphpadmin I am just referring to the database function of the website. Most websites you see on the internet today use some sort of database structure.
    Like I mentioned if you can install wordpress then you can install our software. In fact I think the install now creates its own database automatically on most servers so you might be able to just upload it and install without accessing the database admin at all.

#22877 Reply
    John

Hi Mark.

I’ve been looking for something like this and I,m considering Licensequote.

I would prefer complete autonomy.

So my question is,will your software work on a site hosted by Bandzoogle?

Thank you.

John

#22878 Reply
    GM
    Participant

Thank you Mark!

#22879 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Hi John-
    You would have to ask the people at Bandzoogle but just taking a quick look at their service it seems like you wouldn’t be able to as they seem to be an all-in-one plug and play type service.
    But again you should ask them if they allow you to have ftp access and access to a mysql database in any of their offers.

#22880 Reply
    John

Thanks Mark.

Hostgator looks good.

I will get it organised.

John

#22881 Reply
    Musicmatters
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this wonderful piece of software, I have been wanting to do something like this for a very long time. I have been trying to install MLS 0.4 v6 and I am facing the following message:

1. Installer requires write permissions (700 or 755, 777 in some cases) to be able to complete installation.
    2. Web Application Root, where you extracted the files should be writable.

which folders or files need permissions ? What should I do ?

Thanks Mark.

#22882 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Hi Musicmatters.
    This all just sounds harder than it is.
    The folder where you extracted the file needs to be writable, which means you need to change its permissions.
    You can do that either in your ftp program (most programs have a function to change the permission of a folder) or in a shell window where you would ‘chmod’ the folder to the correct permissions like 777.

Here are a couple of youtube tutorials showing how to do it using fileZilla

The same concept applies to other ftp programs and to macs.

This tutorial is a really good explanation of what is exactly is happening on the server when you change files permissions and also shows you how to change permissions simply by using the chmod command in a terminal window.

Don’t let all this scare you, it is a lot easier than it all sounds/looks 😉

#22885 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Hey Mark,

I was going to do an upload this weekend and took a closer look at the import file and ran into the requirement for the MB size. With a couple of thousand files that becomes a non-starter. Any workaround for that?

Thank you

Art

#22886 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

Hi Art

You can always just leave the column blank and everything will work fine but the file size area for each track on your site will show 0.00 megabytes.

Or if it does not matter to you or your customers you can simply copy and paste 7 megabytes (or whatever) into each of the fields in that column.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
Reply To: Reply #22881 in Music Licensing Software
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us