Music Reports Statutory Licensing Division…

Home Forums General Questions Music Reports Statutory Licensing Division…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Is apparently a service, according to this e-mail that reports to me uses of my my music for sites that offer streaming and downloads of my songs. Included with this snail mail is an account with my name and a generated by them password where i can reportedly log in, check on moneys. They want a w-9 from me if I haven’t done so. Anyone heard of these folks. Are they legit? And who would they be “working for” for lack of a better term? Anyone know?

#22897 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Hmmm….apparently this is associated with a steaming site called Deezer, a new upcoming streaming site. Wondering where this originated from although I do believe I may be able to guess.

#22901 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Yes, I’ve had correspondence from Music Reports and they are legit. Big streaming companies go to them to “secure and administer mechanical rights” for the music they include in their streaming service.

Music Reports used to send US snail mail notices to me, but now do it via email I think. Streaming companies like Amazon and Microsoft. I think I received a check from Music Reports for a penny once. I framed it.

Michael

#22903 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

I apparently came across this via AS who distribute to Deezer. Checking off external distribution got me there.

#23938 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Has anybody here received a “Notice of Intention to Obtain a Compulsory License” from this company?

#28123 Reply
    ENW1
    Participant

I got several letters from Music Reports too. Can’t remember all the clients (Amazon, iTunes, Soundcloud, & somebody else). I assumed it was a result of the Spotify Suit. Everybody wants to be more cautious. At least Music Reports got all the info. (titles, etc.) correct. The Harry Fox Spotify licenses were so flawed it looked like they were deliberately sending misinformation.

#31336 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I got a snail mail letter from them addressed to my publishing “On behalf of SoundCloud Operations, Inc.”
    There was a schedule “A” attached so my best guess is SoundCloud is putting a couple of my tracks on their streaming service. I have no idea how they got my info, A.C.E. maybe?
    They “strongly recommend” that I submit a W-9.
    Any new info on this?

#34372 Reply
    soundspot
    Participant

I’ve gotten a bunch of snail mail letters as well. I haven’t followed through as, at least to me, something doesn’t seem above board.. Considering others here are cautious, for now I’m going with my gut which says it seems like I could potentially be giving something up in the process by opting in.

Also Just received an email that says:

Clicking on the above link will constitute your agreement to treat the Offer Materials as highly confidential information that may not be shared with any persons or entities, except your own employees and professional advisors who have a need to know to assist you in evaluating Twitch’s license offer.

To me this reads like a carrot on a stick kind of opt-in with an arbitration clause. Unless I hear differently I’m going to assume they’re questionable… I also suspect a certain A library is the source… Personally this library soured my taste a while back but that’s another thread!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #22897 in Music Reports Statutory Licensing Division…
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us