My First RF Sale

Home Forums Share It! My First RF Sale

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

after 2 months and dismal page views I finally got my first RF sale. much thanks to art and MLR family for leading me down this rabbit hole. I know this is small potatoes to most but the first of anything is always a great feeling.

The song is a flamenco version of “what child is this”. im sure the sale was due to the season but ill take what i can get. I was also about to lower all my pricing (this was $99) due to the dismal views but im glad i didnt…heres the song

https://soundcloud.com/boinkeee2000/what-child-is-this

#28952 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Congrats man!The first of anything is a great feeling,as you said.
    And it’s a great track,the reverb gives it a warm,”live” feeling.
    Hope you get many more sales soon!

#28953 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

Thanks Kubed, this game is full of doubts and second guesses thus these tiny wins help keep my sanity in check. good thing i miked it since i was contemplating on just recording thru my classicals internal pickup due to laziness…

#28954 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Congratulations on the first sale. Nice tone from the guitar! I’m glad you mic’d also.

#28955 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

thanks chuck, ive recorded both ways but a miked nylon string guitar sounds 10x better 🙂

#28956 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Congrats boinkeee2000, just in time for the Holidays!

#28957 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

Thanks Art, glad to contribute to the cause…your service and sincerety of it all is priceless

#28958 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Well done called “Greensleeves” in this part of the world.

#28959 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

thanks woodsdenis

#28968 Reply
    Abby

Congratulations! Such a great feeling. When I saw my first sale I had to do a double take 🙂

#28969 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

Thanks Abby, so far ive noticed the difficulty of getting views more less a sale for me on this particular rf site, so i did a double take as well…not sure if its just me but i was pretty much invisible (view wise) for the peak month of november…

#28970 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

@boinkee2000: if you are talking about P5 site,views aren’t accurate.All of my tracks that sold for the first time there had 1 view (in rare occasion 2 views or even 0 views!).
    If your track gets more than 1 sell,then somehow the view numbers change to 30,50,100+ etc.
    So,i wouldn’t worry much about views there.

#28972 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

thanks for the info kubed, I assumed it was due to oversaturation and being so far back in the search list. I though AS would get my first sale as it has more activity view wise….PT on the other hand is a mystery, just cant grasp the percentage ups and downs analytics, if its based on a daily rotating cycle or something…

#28973 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

No I wouldn’t put much stock in pt’s view system either. But I did not that 20 views in P5 is the sweet spot for me, I.e. I don’t have anything there that says it has 20 or more views that hasn’t sold at least once. I don’t know if those views popped up after the fact though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Reply #28968 in My First RF Sale
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us