My first track, critique please

Home Forums Critiques My first track, critique please

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Vamon
    Participant

Hi all!
    I’m reading this forum for a long time…it’s full of great info and useful things for someone like me who is a newbie and wants to start working in this business!

Here is my first track that i wrote for production music use or licensing.
    I would like to have some opinions about it from you who are more experienced!

#17049 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Overall, I liked it. The strings that came in at 0:16 did not sound good to me. But the rest of the song came together well.

#17053 Reply
    MuscoSound
    Participant

I agree with Desire, about the strings at the beginning being harsh. Personally it kind of threw me off listening to the rest of the track, but I did and liked the composition towards the end. I think the beginning needs a little work because to me :35+ starts to get my attention but before that I’d skip through it. With stock music, a music sup/whoever demo’ing your stuff may give you 10-15 seconds to listen and if it doesn’t get them engaged early they will go on to the next.

Besides that I think if you rework the mix/master of the track it has potential to sound pretty boss. Just my 2 cents, hope that helps.

#17054 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

epic dramatic with an optimistic undertone,nice track indeed!The strings DI mentioned above (at 0:16) are a bit ear-piercing,try 1 octave lower and see how it works (maybe cut some of the high freqs too?).
    I like the track,you’re doing great job 😉

#17055 Reply
    Barbie
    Participant

Just FYI, we did an extensive KB article available to everyone under our general FAQ entitled “How to Write a Good Song, an AudioSparx Primer for Success” that deals with dozens of issues, including volume, etc. with links to tracks for each example. Here’s a link to KB 1940, hope this will be helpful…

http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/kb/article/show.cfm/kbarticle_iid.1940/aatemp.0

#17060 Reply
    Vamon
    Participant

Thank you all for the feedback! OK now i can see it…you are right,the strings at the beginning are harsh and not good…sometimes when i spend a lot of time with a song i get familiar with the sound of it and i can’t detect what is right or wrong in the the mix.(i guess it can happen to everybody)
    So i will rework the beginning as you advised!

If my average writing and production is like this, where do you think i could start? RF stock libraries,non exclusive retitling libraries,typical exclusives,high tier buy out exclusives?

#17062 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

If my average writing and production is like this, where do you think i could start? RF stock libraries,non exclusive retitling libraries,typical exclusives,high tier buy out exclusives?

I would say start at the higher end libraries and work your way down if you are not successful there.

#17101 Reply
    Vamon
    Participant

yep good idea…i guess i have nothing to loose by doing that! thanks!

#17102 Reply
    MuscoSound
    Participant

That happens very frequently when you get so used to a track. Normally I try to arrange and mix a track and sleep on it. When I hear it the next morning enough time has passed for my ears to reset.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #17101 in My first track, critique please
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us