my first tracks on itunes & spotify

Home Forums Online Promoting my first tracks on itunes & spotify

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dannyc
    Participant

so i just found out one of the libraries i’m with have released albums on i-tunes and spotify with 2 of my tracks on them. this seems really cool to me to see my tracks on a label up on i-tunes but is this a positive or negative thing? anyone any experience of this? the library is a small boutique trailer library.

if its positive how do you guys go about driving listeners/customers to find your tracks in these stores?

#27461 Reply
    gigdude
    Participant

Danny, It’s pretty hard to make much money on Spotify. I have had 8099 streams on Spotify earning $40.12. iTunes used to be real good but seems to have dried up for me. Probably cause of Apple Music and Spotify. Streaming seems to have won out and it pays little to us. Of course if you have millions of listeners it might add up.

#27462 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

thanks gigdude. how does getting people to listen work in these online stores such as spotify and itunes? does itunes make sure that the albums reach the right listeners or do you or the label your signed with have to do this promtion yourself?

i’m not really concerned with the financials at this stage but was more thinking this is a good way to get better reach of my music to more people.

#27463 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

I’ve had tracks placed by Audiosparx on a couple dozen albums on Amazon, Spotify, iTunes, Napster, etc. The revenue trickles in little by little. I’m seeing streaming income slowly going up, penny by penny… while downloads are now going down. Still can’t quit my “day” job!

#27464 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

cool daveydad, do you do much promotion yourself of these albums or just leave it to the digital online stores?

#27465 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

I post on Facebook every now and then but that’s about it. I’ve heard the key to success on Spotify is to get a track on one of their popular playlists with huge a following. How that happens… who knows.

#27466 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

interesting thanks for that. i’ll send an email to two steps from hell in that case ha ha 😉

#27467 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Kind of strange. Out of nowhere these last 3 months or so,I’ve gotten about 7 Harry Fox notices of intent to distribute music of mine via Spotify. Don’t know what sparked it. What I’ve heard is it takes a whole lot of streams for it to even amount to a little bit of money so I’ve just been shoving the notices in the drawer figuring if I see any money great but not holding my breath for sure. Maybe they’ll be a nice surprise one day.

#27468 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

well for me i see it more of another avenue to get your music out there. not sure how effective it is though. not expecting to get rich from spotify streams.

#27472 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

Danny,

Hate to sound like a pessimist but I have had publishers place tunes on itunes, Amazon, and Google. The sales were so low that it didn’t even warrant a statement.

#27473 Reply
    PeteJ
    Participant

Vanity. The role of Spotify is to make sure artists get no money or sales unless they’re signed to a shareholder.

#27474 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

I’ve been on Spotify since 2012 and now have a dozen albums there. Grand total earnings? A whopping $100!!

#27475 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

Jesus that’s horrendous. somethings got to me done or else we will be left with just a handful of artist connected to major record labels dominating the market and the charts. oh wait its already happened.

#27486 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

You are right about that. Something should be done because many people see the future of TV as an all streaming experience.

#27487 Reply
    ENW1
    Participant

Ditto Pat: I’ve received 4-5 Harry Fox notices for Spotify. They seem to be filled with mistakes. The last one had a song that I didn’t write with a band I never heard of but I’m listed as the copyright owner.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Reply #27463 in my first tracks on itunes & spotify
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us