Native Instruments Kontakt: Your Version is too old

Home Forums General Questions Native Instruments Kontakt: Your Version is too old

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ChuckMott
    Participant

I’ve actually had this issue with a couple of VI’s now, this r own Balinese Gamelan and an 8dio VI, but when I try to bring it into the library, it says my version of Kontakt is too old. Putting aside the fact that both should work in Kontakt 5 (no mention of Kontakt 5.3, 5.4 etc) I tried to update KontaKt, several times, but the one that continues to show up in my pro tools sessions is the older, un-updated one. While I do have a support request out to NI, anyone else have this issue ( apparently others on th ‘net have, but not finding a definitive fix). Anyone able to fix this?

#18838 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Try this:

After you update Kontakt, open it in standalone mode first, and update its database, before you use it in your DAW.

Also. sometimes when you update a VI in Kontakt, you need to remove the old library and then add/authorize the updated library.

Hope that helps.

#18839 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

I think we are on the right track with this Michael, weird thing being I can’t find the stand alone version in my Mac have NO idea why. Gonna wrap my mind around this but I assume it is possible to install only the Kontakt application then repudiate. Ideas helpful but trying this now…thinking it must be on Disc 1.

#18840 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Chuck Open the NI Service Centre, it will tell you if there is an update for Kontakt , you can then download and install it from there. The latest one is Kontakt_5_541U. All NI stuff (Service Centre/Kontakt 5 standalone etc) is in the Native Instruments folder in Applications.

Michael is right about opening the standalone first, one of those things you learn about NI along the way.

#18843 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

one of those things you learn about NI along the way.

Yeah, that and that everything goes on sale (usually in July or August) just before it’s about to be included in the next version of Komplete.

#18847 Reply
    Chuck Mott

OK while we’re at it is Komplete Ultimate worth the extra outlay?

#18848 Reply
    Chuck Mott

BTW everything is installed correctly now and working. I reinstalled. DOn’t think things were where they should have been which makes t difficult for stuff to find the right path when you update it.

#18849 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

OK while we’re at it is Komplete Ultimate worth the extra outlay?

That’s really up to you Chuck, and what you want to write. For me it’s not. It’s a lot of bang for the buck. But, on a sound by sound basis, I think that there are much better individual sources out there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Native Instruments Kontakt: Your Version is too old
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us