\"Negative earnings\" on Pump/Getty Images royalty statement

Home Forums General Questions \"Negative earnings\" on Pump/Getty Images royalty statement

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    50Styles
    Participant

I got my Pump Audio/ Getty Images royalty statement today and saw i had negative earnings. No idea what these are and why these are on my statement. Anybody here know more about it?
    Thanks Erwin

#14369 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Hi Erwin,

I had that happen with ASCAP once. They made an over payment, and then took it back it with negative earnings. (That’s why I don’t sign up for direct deposit with my PRO. It’s allows them to recover overpayments from your bank account.)

Maybe something similar happened. I hope it works out for you.

Best,
    Michael

#14374 Reply
    50Styles
    Participant

Thanks Michael, i didn’t get any money and the last payment was 6 months ago.. no problems there.
    No idea what this about. Don’t do much with Pump/Getty but the so called “negative earning” is over 3000 dollars. I’ve send them an email.. will let you know what they reply

#14375 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Yes, definitely contact them Erwin. They may use that $3,000 negative earnings as a justification to deduct money from your future earnings, until they’ve recovered the 3K. You should get an explanation and an accounting of what is going on.

#14390 Reply
    Scott Ross

I did a lot of recording for Muzak throughout the years, and my business partner and a few musicians did quite a lot of originals for them. Last year, they were informed by ASCAP that they were all over paid by $20,000. So they have to pay that back now with no royalties till it’s paid back with interest. Lovely…..

#14420 Reply
    50Styles
    Participant

Pump replied to my email. It seems 2 of my licenses have been “returned”.
    Anybody heard about returned licenses before?? I haven’t…
    I’m asking for proof.
    Also, Pump would be the only library in the world that pays out before getting the money themselves.

#14421 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Erwin. I’m sorry for your situation.
    That’s total B.S. Sounds like a good reason to avoid Pump!

#14422 Reply
    SempreLegato
    Participant

Hi Erwin,

Sorry to hear about the “returned” licenses. It does seem unusual that they paid you before they had their payment in hand. I hope this works out for you in some way.

IMO, it would be good to add a summary of this episode (however it turns out) to the PA MLR page (I’m using the abbreviation for the library name).

Joe

#14388 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Negative earnings? That makes no sense.

#14451 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

Wow

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: \"Negative earnings\" on Pump/Getty Images royalty statement
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us