Negative People on Music Library Report

Home Forums Commentary Negative People on Music Library Report

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Unless there are personal attacks on other members, the negative posts actually add value.

Personally, I have a Delicate Spirit, and My Soul feels Sensitive.
    Might take some Ice Cream, and a Piece of Cake to Quell My Nerves! πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

Art Munson
    Keymaster

Once you have the people in the positions of power liking you personally, it is developing a reputation that you can do the work and do it well. You show up on time. You are consistent. You don’t alienate others you are working on the project with.

That is so true!

Music1234
    Participant

Let’s face it 99% of the news out there is negative. Not just the music news, but any news.

Give Vinnie Calliuta’s episode 6 Podcast a listen:

https://breakfastwithvinnie.com/episodes?fbclid=IwAR139oOIfkBIG_wrLr5Ydyc6gcGFtwy32LNCea5khikjFk3rStRhNeI-udk

For those who may not know him, he’s one of the greatest living drummers on the planet.

What he’s saying here is that music content creators are just constantly under assault by tech companies, labels, and greedy business men. Music creators are often just robbed because we have not been able to create a scenario where we are the first to collect, unfortunately we are always last in the food chain to collect and everyone between us and our buyers takes advantage of that.

The behavior of the majors is now gradually spilling over into the production music/ sync licensing world. Now I am starting to wonder if the very institutions put in place to protect us: performing rights organizations, are also “robbing” us.

Navigate your career with prudence, don’t take every deal thrown at you. If you have the chops, the quality, and a sizable catalog to offer, don’t be afraid to negotiate more favorable terms, regardless of who the company is. Never be afraid to rattle the chains to get after your money. If you just sit back and play nice, be humble, speak positively, avoid confrontation, and remain that “easy going” music creator, you may just end up getting robbed.

Actually, you will get robbed.

Advice
    Participant

I think there IS too much negativity on here and it’s from a select few members. Not usually personal attacks, but a general “the music industry sucks and is out to get you” attitude.

If a newcomer joins and those are the first posts they see, I could see them getting the wrong impression. That being said, there is so much helpful info here from many good people and that’s what I focus on and I know most of you out there do as well.

LAwriter
    Participant

I think there IS too much negativity on here

Well….if the industry is all hugs and kisses, and pretty pink roses, then there probably won’t be much negativity. If the industry has continuing problems, challenges and warning signs, then there will probably be negativity. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

I don’t know what you can do about that. Things are what they are. People are what they are. It’s kind of negative to chastise the negative folks don’t you think?

haha!! Unless we want to get into draconian moderation, I don’t see anything changing. And personally, I HATE those kinds of websites. (Is that negative on my part?) πŸ™‚

Advice
    Participant

Thanks for another cheery post, Music1234. πŸ˜€

Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks for another cheery post, Music1234.

Yeah Advice, I deleted that one. Just a re-hash and thread is closed.

I’d just like to leave it with this. Some people choose to see the glass half empty. I choose too see it as half full!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Negative People on Music Library Report’ is closed to new replies.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us