New ascap website

Home Forums PROs New ascap website

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Jay

I tried to check the song used, length etc. from a few cue sheets of mine and noticed all other songs on the cue sheet noted song title and length of cue but my info was missing…anyone else notice this? (think it was mentioned earlier in thread)

Is there a way to find what song was used (length etc.) on existing cue sheets? what about new ones?

I miss episode counts as well..

#26185 Reply
    BrianDWatson
    Participant

Here’s the response I got…

Thank you for your feedback! As ASCAP has newly redesigned Member Access, your concerns are on the radar as other members have inquired about cue sheet totals as well. ASCAP is looking into fixing this issue.

#26187 Reply
    BrianDWatson
    Participant

Jay the way I understand it is, if a song of yours gets placed but it hasn’t been registered through ASCAP before hand, they will just give it a name based off the show. So if you have a song that hasn’t been registered by your publisher but it gets put on a cue sheet, ASCAP will just call it “Cool Show Cues” or whatever the show is called.

#26188 Reply
    Jay

thanks Brian…I actually found my track info in the cue sheets (I was reading it wrong) and I posted about it here..but like a lot of my posts here..it never showed up..

I’m getting used to the new site..I thought the old one was fine though..

#26189 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

.but like a lot of my posts here..it never showed up..

Not sure what you mean Jay. I don’t see anything pending in the moderation queue. Try clearing your cookies and browser cache.

#26191 Reply
    Jay

Art, I have had 2 comments in the last 2-3 weeks that have simply not shown up..and in the past I have had a bunch as well..figured it was just some sort of glitch..lets see if this one shows..

#26195 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

As you can see your last comment showed up Jay. Not sure why the others did not. Usually they will show up in the moderation queue but none there .

#26197 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Everyone who has issues with the new website design should write to ASCAP and let them know. The more people that give them the feedback, the more likely they’ll address things.

#26205 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Today I saw my cue sheet total had jumped from 350 to 1,040. Ha, I wish!! I suppose the 1,040 is an episode count total, so 1,040 cue sheets over 350 series. I think it was more useful when episode counts were displayed per series, not as a whole. Then again, an episode total is an easy way to see if shows are continuing to use your cues.

#26206 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Yes, I just saw that. Now I know I have one new episode. Now, to find it ….

#26232 Reply
    BrianDWatson
    Participant

So looks they updated it again. A step in the right direction, but still not as good as before, they give you the series total and cue sheet total, but still not how many cue sheets per show or series. So it looks like this…

Cue Sheets: 1363
    Series: 224
    Episodes: 1344
    Non-Series: 19

#26236 Reply
    gdomeier
    Participant

I also emailed them saying to add cue totals per title on the cue page and maybe think of add “# of new cues since last login” on the dashboard with a link to those new cues. Why not make that easier to know?

#26240 Reply
    Advice

I also emailed them saying to add cue totals per title on the cue page

I did the same.

#26253 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I’ve emailed them about the episode counts too. I had a new cue sheet today. In the past I would have found it and updated my records in 5 minutes. Now, it’s a daunting task. Maybe I’ll search for the new ones when I have 5 or 10 of them.

#26257 Reply
    Blind
    Participant

It seems like the best long term solution would be to add a date range in the search filter. That would even be easier than the old way of looking through all of the episode totals. That’s what I emailed and asked for.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
Reply To: Reply #26185 in New ascap website
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us