New ascap website

Home Forums PROs New ascap website

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

I got this response today:

“Dear Member, Thank you for you comments. We are working on the cue sheet count page. Please stand by for updates. Best”

#26448 Reply
    gdomeier
    Participant

Any workarounds on finding new cues when the appear in your account other than slogging through each series? Hopefully they update the site soon.

#26450 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

gdomeier
    I regularly search for new search filters a and workarounds. I haven’t found any yet. I wait for 5-10 new cue sheets before I start slogging.

#26843 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Using the new website, has anybody figured out how to filter works to show tracks registered within a date range? If I click “More Search Options” a column called Submission Details shows, with start and end date fields. Doesn’t seem to do anything though. Nothing comes up regardless of the dates entered.

#26846 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

has anybody figured out how to filter works to show tracks registered within a date range? If I click “More Search Options” a column called Submission Details shows, with start and end date fields. Doesn’t seem to do anything though. Nothing comes up regardless of the dates entered.

Select “Download Works” and choose MS Excel option (it takes a few minutes to generate the file). Open the file in Excel and you can sort/filter by date, title, publisher, etc.
    I download a new one whenever there is a change and save it as a new sheet in the Excel workbook. It’s good information to have.

#26847 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Didn’t think of that, thanks!

#26855 Reply
    Advice

The filter has a long known bug in it. It just plain doesn’t work on date range. The only way to figure anything out is to do what Alan suggested and download the info to Excel. Once you sort by registration date (descending) you can see what the latest registrations were.

#27540 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

hi guys still a newbie to this whole PRO back end game. i found a page on the ASCAP site called ASCAP distribution schedule. i presume the dates for domestic writers distribution is when we the composers see our royalties on our account? does it have to be over a certain amount of money to show up or does it show all placements no matter how small the amount?

also it seems they then pay out again for international royalties but they don’t seem to split this one between writers and publishers. whats the story here?

so would i be right in saying that the next pay out date for us ASCAP writers is July 10th for Q4 2016?

#27541 Reply
    euca

Hey Danny, Yes July 10th is the distro. date for domestic royalties for Q4 2016. The threshold for check is $100, direct deposit is for any amount.

I believe the international publishing pays out on the same date as the writers share, but I am not positive. Hope that helps!

#27543 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

great thanks for that euca.

#27597 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

ASCAP finally has restored episode counts!

🙂 🙂 🙂

#27599 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

how do you know?

#27600 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Finally! They also added sort options in the works catalog and the default list seems to be my date registered, newest to oldest. Someone was thinking.?
    I also noticed incomplete cue sheets visible. I had many new ones visible where composers and publishers weren’t filled in yet. Probably a bad idea as they will get flooded with inquiries. I’m going to be patient with those and “wait and see” like everything else in this business, ha.

#27602 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Some new, incomplete cue sheets showed up today from shows dating back to 2012 that have since been canceled. I wonder if I’ll get paid for those? Wait and see I suppose.

#27643 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

thanks Euca. because i’m based in Ireland direct payments is not an option. therefore does this mean all the payments i recieve from ASCAP for royalties will be sent to me via cheque? back to this threshold of $100. does that mean ASCAP could have a record of royalties in their system but it only shows up on the online portal once the total amount goes above $100? basically what i’m asking is should even small amounts of royalties show up on my account even if they are not above $100?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
Reply To: Reply #27543 in New ascap website
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us