New Composer to MRP seeking advice

Home Forums Introduce Yourself New Composer to MRP seeking advice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BrianMcGravey
    Participant

Hi, my name is Brian and I have been composing music for 15+ years. I mainly write on piano but my compositions range from: solo piano pieces, jazz trio, video game music, meditative/ambient, and more. I have not yet submitted to any music libraries but I have been writing 3-5 cues per week and will soon have a catalog of 30+ cues (not including alternate mixes).

I am hoping to get an idea of where to begin i.e. which libraries would be a good fit for the styles I listed above. I have been doing a bit of research but have not had much luck on figuring out which libraries specialize in which genres. Does anybody know of a resource like this? Or know how I might research more efficiently?
    My typical search might be something like: “music libraries by genre” or “music libraries specializing in jazz” etc. Any advice would be much appreciated!

#29335 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Hello Brian, have you posted your music/tracks up on a site for review? Hearing the quality of your work will give a better answer as to where to start “shopping for potential Libraries”.

#29338 Reply
    BrianMcGravey
    Participant

No I haven’t posted any of it for review yet. Where might I do that?

#29343 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I will send you a PM, so it will not seem like I am pitching a site..

#29344 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Hey Brian,

You can post here for feedback https://musiclibraryreport.com/forums/forum/critiques/.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #29343 in New Composer to MRP seeking advice
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us