New Look For MLR

Home Forums Announcements New Look For MLR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Some of you might have noticed a new look for MLR. I was getting a bit tired of the old look plus the theme that I was using hasn’t been updated in a few years. I believe that theme had some coding issues that caused some of the intermittent errors we’ve had.

The new theme is much easier to work with, can easily be tweaked, is a better mobile experience, has great support and, importantly, faster load times. Google is much happier as a number of issues it was complaining about have disappeared. I went for a plain white retro feel for now though that may change over time. I will be adding a dark theme that will be based on the users OS setting.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

#40017 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Haven’t checked it on mobile but the desktop edition feels like i’m sitting in the front row of a movie theater! Everything looks very wide and big. Lot more scrolling involved too now. Is there a way we can modify the page to look a bit narrower?

Glad to hear several issues were fixed now though!

#40018 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback Kubed. I’m liking the wider design but easy enough to change if I need to. As for scrolling: One of the issues Google complained about was readability, particularly on mobile. The font size is now larger and there is more space between each line and these are all adjustable. Hopefully more people will chime in with feedback.

#40036 Reply
    michal
    Participant

Likewise, glad that google is now happier. However, one thing I dislike about the new look is that the forum’s homepage doesn’t have the “Last updated” column anymore. This is how I could always quickly catch up with recent posts every other day, seeing which topics have new replies since I was here last time. Seems much more confusing to me right now.

#40038 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks michal, fixed the last updated column.

#40051 Reply
    michal
    Participant

Fantastic! Thank you, Art.

#40154 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Looks great Art!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: New Look For MLR
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us