New Member – Lyricist from West of Ireland

Home Forums Introduce Yourself New Member – Lyricist from West of Ireland

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sheeaun
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have been meaning to join this site for a while now, and finally got around to it a couple of days ago.
    I am a full time lyricist working mainly in the film/tv industry, and who obviously co-writes for every project.
    I’m interested in library information, plus any industry info in general, to help me make clear and informed decisions about where and how to pitch my songs.
    I have a few placements on tv, and a few small album cuts, so all advice and ideas are welcome.
    SlΓ‘inte
    Amanda

#27226 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Hi Amanda and welcome,

I live in Dublin so double welcome !!! The question you asked would fill a novels worth of answers , there are so many variables. However for songs with lyrics and non exclusive, Crucial Music is a good place to start. When you get into Exclusives then its a different ball game. You may be better trying to pursue a straight forward publishing deal in some cases. Most non ex (but not all ) cater for an underscore web/TV market where the inclusion of lyrics could be a distraction.

#27227 Reply
    Sheeaun
    Participant

Hi Denis and thank you,

I’m over on the west coast, near Gort/Kinvara. Not soooo far away !

Crucial is great yes. I have a few songs with them, and a couple of other really nice libraries, both excl and non excl. Then some middle of the road libraries too.

Some really are most interested in the instrumental version, but there are a few good ones who cater for full songs, which is good.

I am not sure what you mean by pursuing a straight forward publishing deal, as opposed to what I am currently doing ? Excuse my not knowing πŸ™ I still have a lot to learn.

I am currently sorting out how to spread my eggs into more baskets, up and down the scale. From RF to top end excl companies. Different songs/tracks for different places. I’m assuming this is a good idea.

#27228 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

By straight forward I mean signing to Universal/Emi/Warner publishing etc as a songwriter. Its then their job, hopefully to place you with other writers as well as exploring your catalogue. Usually these deals work in the recording artist sphere. Of course these deals are exclusive and would cover your entire catalogue for a set amount of time.

I think spreading tracks around all spheres is a good idea, as far as RF goes check around this site and see which ones people go for, cant mention them here as its for forum members only but you can see them in the library reviews section.

#27229 Reply
    Sheeaun
    Participant

Thank you Denis πŸ™‚

#27233 Reply
    Tim-b
    Participant

Welcome Amanda!

Do you also sing/record vocals?

Tim

#27234 Reply
    Sheeaun
    Participant

Hi Tim-b,

No, I’m afraid that I seriously can’t sing – not a good sound at all and out of tune !

But I can write lyrics.

Amanda

#27239 Reply
    Sheeaun
    Participant

Hi again Denis,

I wasn’t sure what you mean’t at the time, but glossed over it, but what did you mean by ‘for forum members only’ ?

I am a member/subscriber to MLR, does this mean I also need to register for the forum as well, or something ? Are there things I can’t see, even though I paid for membership ? !

Confused,
    Amanda πŸ™‚

#27240 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I am a member/subscriber to MLR, does this mean I also need to register for the forum as well, or something ? Are there things I can’t see, even though I paid for membership ? !

Hi Amanda,

As long as your a paid member you can access everything. I like to keep discussions, about each library, within their listing or else threads go wildly off topic. If you want to discuss libraries, by name in a general way, you can do so here https://musiclibraryreport.com/forums/forum/music-library-questions/.

Art

#27241 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Welcome Amanda! πŸ˜€

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave…

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

#27244 Reply
    Sheeaun
    Participant

Ha !! Advice…. good one, good to laugh first thing in the morning πŸ™‚

#27245 Reply
    Sheeaun
    Participant

Thank you Art πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Reply #27226 in New Member – Lyricist from West of Ireland
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us