New to this and would appreciate feedback

Home Forums Critiques New to this and would appreciate feedback

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been tracking this site for a while and am finally sharing some of what I’ve been working on for the past few years. I’d really appreciate anyone’s constructive feedback regarding the mixes, quality, and whether any of this music would even be marketable….Advice on direction would be so helpful. One note: these have yet to be mastered, so the overall volumes may fluctuate..Also, I plan to make shorter edits.

I have a relatively thick skin ( i understand that is needed in this business) so please be honest…and gentle 😉

here’s the link:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-885750919/sets/prod-music/s-A2vuY

Cheers,
    Rick

#29408 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Hello there Rick/LunarP!

You are actually. “Very Close”, just needs “A Few things”..

“Playability” is very much there, but “it sounds like the work mixes you take home from the studio to see where you are going in the mix; or what is needed to round it all out”..

Everything from a “Mix Stand-Point is not effected nearly enough, and not separating enough to make each sound signature”. You have some good stuff, that just needs to sound more “Lush, and Luxurious”

Also, You are very “groovy and have good rhythm”. You need some “Signature lines that make you know what part of the track/cue you are in”. In other words “YOU need Musical Hooks!!”

Stretch more with your effects, “make them Spacey, Luxurious, and Groovy like your moods!!”

#29409 Reply
    Rick
    Participant

Beatslinger,

Thanks sharing your thoughts and insight here! This is extremely helpful..I hear you.
    I’m open to any and all feedback! please keep it coming.

Also if anyone knows of any particular music libraries I should be marketing to once I’m ready, with a more finished sound, please let me know. I’m going to scan the newbies section to get a better sense of the landscape.

Best,
    Rick

#29411 Reply
    Paolo

Hey Rick,

Nice tracks – feel-wise and instrumentation choices. I actually don’t think you need more effects if you nudge the panning/placements of some your instruments.

What stands out for me is how many instruments are mono and placed at, or near, 12 o’clock. I think if you nudge more instruments further away from 12 o’clock, do some stereo panning with your rhythm guitars, and leave your your lead/melody instrument, kick and bass near the center, that would enhance the spatial aspect quite a bit.

#29412 Reply
    Rick
    Participant

Paolo,

Thanks for the wise words! Noted re: panning- you’re on the money.

This feedback is super helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: New to this and would appreciate feedback
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us