Newb wondering if he can hang with the big boys/girls? :)

Home Forums Critiques Newb wondering if he can hang with the big boys/girls? :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BeatSqueezer
    Participant

Hey everyone. My name is Todd. Yes, I am a newb to the game, but don’t worry I promise not to sell anything for dirt cheap and ruin things for everyone. πŸ™‚ I have so much respect for those of you doing this full time! I have been composing now for about a year and a half, and feel I have made progress, yet at the same time have TONS to learn! I am thinking of throwing my proverbial hat into the ring of putting some tracks out into the world for profit. I would LOVE to get any and all feedback on all aspects of my tracks. I honestly don’t really know where I stand at this time, am I ready, or do I need to go back to the drawing board? I have put 4 recent tracks I made into a “Critiques” playlist on Soundcloud. I thank you SO much in advance for your time and feedback, it is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

PS I hope this link works, this is my first time. If not I will try again.

https://soundcloud.com/toddlove/sets/critiques/s-DFZnOUZfARV

#35457 Reply
    johnnyboy
    Participant

Yes, I can hear some libraries using your tracks. Go for it Squeezer!

Best, John

#35458 Reply
    BeatSqueezer
    Participant

Johnnyboy, Thanks for taking the time to listen, I really do appreciate it! I won’t give up just yet. πŸ™‚

#35470 Reply
    MaxPower
    Participant

Go for it. Spend as much time making music and as little time complaining about how it’s not like it used to be as you can

#35473 Reply
    BeatSqueezer

@maxpower, thanks for having a listen and for the encouragement! I am in the process of joining BMI, secured a web site and registered with Pond5 for now and we’ll see how things go from here. Since I’m so new to all of this I have no idea how it used to be, but I can imagine it used to be better in terms of there not being as much over saturation in the market and bigger percentages for the composer. Also the subscription model seems to be a bummer too. Oh well, onward and upward! Thanks again.

#35474 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Go for it. Spend as much time making music and as little time complaining about how it’s not like it used to be as you can

lol πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #35470 in Newb wondering if he can hang with the big boys/girls? :)
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us