Newbie – First submissions to Music Libraries

Home Forums Critiques Newbie – First submissions to Music Libraries

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    philcush
    Participant

Two tracks for feedback on general appeal as background music for sports programs, updates from sporting events or TV adverts. Also, thoughts on quality, mixing / mastering and structure. Of course.. any obvious things I have overlooked 🙂

Tech: 24bit Wave files, at -12.0 LUFS (with -2.0dB headroom from True Peak for SoundCloud)

Name: Coming in second blues
    Genre: Blues

Desc:
    An initially hopeful guitar plunges into despaired acceptance.. Second place, that’s the first of the losers! Well it’s better than last, so I can’t be too Blue 🙂

In Progress:
    Alt versions with no lead guitar, and half length version.

Name: Cycling
    Genre: Classic rock

Desc:
    Its hot, it’s long and steep… its a race! The bass guitar tells the story of a determined cyclist, going to push hard and make urgent decisions!

In Progress:
    Alt versions at half length.

Many thanks

Phil

#31533 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

Hey philcush…I had some time to listen to the first track…I’m a guitar player myself so know upfront I’m going to really be listening to it sorry nature of the beast…lol..I really liked the backing rhythm …that said.the lead guitar IMHO needs some more work it was stabbing me in the forehead its to up front..needs some depth and warmth …try double tracking it maybe to give some width tons of YouTube vids on this subject..and the tone needs some warmth….I know finding that right guitar amp and cab sim is a quest… waves CLA guitar plugin I use on a lot of my guitar stuff hope this helps and it is just MHO…keep on rocking it…

#31534 Reply
    philcush
    Participant

Many thanks, I will try and warm it up as suggested. I used a Blackstar 5w tube amp (emulated out) pushed by a Tube Screamer, and I see what you mean, its just too honky in the upper mids, and maybe that makes it too intense.

Many thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Phil

#31535 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

Hi Phil, im digging that robben ford vibe on the first track! agree with cyber about the tone (overall its great, just that freq), miking that blackstar up will give it depth and bring out all the subtleties of your playing style

cycling is a cool sports track. it could be my listening environment, but the mix sounds a bit harsh, and the toms are a little buried on the B section…that riff is cool though

#31536 Reply
    philcush
    Participant

Hi boinkeee2000, many thanks for your feedback. I will be softening that guitar sound and keeping that in mind for future recordings.

Again, a little too harsh on the tone of the cycling track, and a re-think on the drum sound, again with more depth and a little less in the upper mids.

Very grateful for your feedback 🙂

Phil

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #31535 in Newbie – First submissions to Music Libraries
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us