Newbie saying Hi

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Newbie saying Hi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TechNoiZ
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m a composer from England. I’ve been writing for a generic, exclusive London based library for a few years now – had a few placements but nothing major – and have recently decided to spend some time exploring new avenues and styles – there is so much music out there that producing the ‘same old same old’ can’t be the only way to make some progress in this business.

#27247 Reply
    Sheeaun
    Participant

Hi TechNoiZ – English woman living in Ireland here 🙂
    Hard to find libraries in Ireland for production music/songs, maybe I should look around the UK.
    All of my songs are in USA and Canadian libraries. I have none in Ireland or the UK. I do have placements in Ireland and UK, but they are from USA libraries lol

#27248 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

hey Sheeaun,

i’m from Dublin myself. yeah Ireland seems to be a bit of a waste ground when it comes to production music. its understandable though we are a tiny nation. i guess there might be an industry here but i didn’t take the formal music education direction so i don’t know anyone in the business here. i would suggest sticking to working with the UK and US libraries, any composers i know from Ireland who’ve made it big in the production music or trailer music game have had to look outside this green Island of ours for success. best of luck with it. i’m still on the same journey.

#27249 Reply
    TechNoiZ
    Participant

Hello Sheeaun and hello Dannyc 🙂

I’ve always thought the BBC had a great reputation for orchestral music in their documentaries and series and more ‘indie’, ‘local to the UK’ tracks in other shows and trailers but I get the impression these days that they are going more down the USA led, Zimmer-esque trailer style route which is a pity as there are some really interesting soundtracks coming from the independent companies and even from Europe – (the Danish thrillers and Swedish crime series).

Searching for Libraries with a slightly different take on what to offer is probably my goal these days rather than one that just stacks up thousand upon thousand of generic snippets but again, most of this sort of company seems to be LA based offering USA styled rap/hip hop and blues-rock tracks. Where are the UK based library offering a similar selection of techno, grime and Radio6 style indie tracks … I hear them here and there on shows but have no idea how they got there. The UK is supposed to be good at this sort of thing …

Anyway, thats my personal manifesto .. LoL … how are you both coping with this industry?

#27250 Reply
    Sheeaun
    Participant

I’m coping well, although about 90% of my output goes to US libraries and is with US co-writers. I am a lyricist, so I rely on collaboration to get my songs out there.

As for the industry itself, I’m at the start of year 4 of my journey, so it’s early days yet. That said, I do have TV placements in quite a few countries (all from USA libraries lol) and a few album cuts (minor singer songwriters etc in USA and Canada).

It’s hard finding good professional composers, singer songwriters and so on, that want to work with a lyricist, so my output isn’t as prolific at this point as I’d like. That said it is steadily climbing so all is good. Plus I can write in many different genres, which should help.

It’s a long term game! But I’m with you, it would be really nice to have some UK/Irish libraries that take production music, instrumental and vocal.

#27251 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

i’m curious, what style do you sing in?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #27251 in Newbie saying Hi
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us