NFL placements

Home Forums General Questions NFL placements

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    daveydad
    Participant

Anyone had placements with the NFL? Wondering how well it pays and whether it being a Sunday afternoon game or and evening game makes a big difference.

#26091 Reply
    euca

I had one last October on NFL Fox. 20 seconds paid out $3.66. The Sunday afternoon games are local so they don’t pay as well.

Sunday Night Football is national and will pay much better as it is on NBC.

I’m not sure about Monday night football.

#26092 Reply
    Jerrysworld

Yes, I have. Had a regular season game Broncos vs. Steelers on my last statement. Payed $350. Also had an AFC Championship placement which paid $500. Super Bowl Pre-Game Show last year paid $200. All just writers.

#26093 Reply
    guscave7
    Participant

A had a couple of games back in 2014 that aired through Direct TC Sports. It paid $3.53 each. I haven’t seen anything new since then.

#26098 Reply
    Dannyc

jerrysworld how could your pay outs be in the hundreds of dollars in comparison to the other guys? was that all back-end money or upfront payments?

#26099 Reply
    Jerrysworld

@Dannyc

AFC Championship + Super Bowl a lot of people watch.

#26100 Reply
    Dannyc

i see, so number of viewers plays a bit part then, didn’t realize that. what networks would these of been on? was it all back-end money?

#26101 Reply
    euca

@Dannyc, How it is broadcast is the major part of it. The game that I had music on was Arizona vs. Cleveland, it was shown on Fox but only locally for those two teams areas.

The Denver vs Steelers game that Jerrysworld had music on was broadcast nationally as of course was the AFC and Superbowl games.

Local vs national makes a hugh difference!

#26103 Reply
    Dannyc

@euca, ah i see thanks for that. and is it PRO royalties money that is paid out only? i’m presuming a $500 pay out is multiple uses of a long cue and not just one use right?

#26104 Reply
    euca

Yes that is for the PRO payout. I’m not sure what Jerrysworld cue length was or how often it was played but it very well could be just a single use.

It all depends on the time of day. An AFC championship game would be a national airing and it would air in primetime, so that would be a very good payout, like the $500 he spoke of.

I had a cue placed in primetime on a major network and it payed around $700, that was for about a minute of music. It then ran as a rerun in the am. and only paid a fraction of that. Time of day, local or national, cue length and network all factor into the payout.

I hope this helps!

#26105 Reply
    Dannyc

wow thats great money. really didn’t think these kinda things can pay out so much. very motivating. thanks for the info. speaking of NFL music, any one know what the name of this great cue is on this NFL trailer ad?

https://youtu.be/N78JW0GVI3Y

#26106 Reply
    Jerrysworld

Here are the exact numbers:

Super Bowl Today Pre-Game Show: 41 seconds and $231.18
    AFC Championship: 30 seconds and $531.15
    AFC Wild Card (Steelers @ Bengals) – 30 seconds and $319.15
    Steelers @ Broncos – 30 seconds and $428.54

This is just the writers side in a 50/50 deal.

#26107 Reply
    Dannyc

@jerrysword , “This is just the writers side in a 50/50 deal.”

what do you mean by this? are you just saying that the your publisher would of got the same in this 50/50 split deal or are you saying there are additional pay outs on top of your writers share?

#26109 Reply
    djbchill

@Jerrysworld or anyone else.

What company or companies did you submit your music too in order to get these placements?

#26110 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

What company or companies did you submit your music too in order to get these placements?

You probably will not get an answer for this as it would mean a mad dash of everyone submitting to those companies. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Reply #26103 in NFL placements
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us