NO RF, No Re-Titling, Non-Exclusive

Home Forums Newbie Questions NO RF, No Re-Titling, Non-Exclusive

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kandr21400
    Participant

Wow….I’m researching, and researching, and researching. There’s a lot to learn. I know a lot of people make their own decisions for whatever reasons. Based on what I’ve been researching, it seems to me that the safest route would be to deal with libraries that are NOT RF, DO NOT do retitling, and are NON-Exclusive. It seems the route that I’m leaning towards. Comments?

#27821 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

it seems to me that the safest route would be to deal with libraries that are NOT RF, DO NOT do retitling, and are NON-Exclusive.

They are all viable ways for income streams. I have tracks in all of the above and exclusive libraries. Re-titling now a days generally means some sort of code appended or pre-pended to an existing title.

#27822 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

That would exclude all the libraries i’m in. Including the exclusive ones.

#27825 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Good morning to ALL. Chuck, I was just thinking the same thing..

I am new at trying my hand on these “RF styled sites” but, by a wide margin my main source of income is coming from the exclusive libraries I am in.

#27830 Reply
    CCohn

Hi there. Any thoughts on signing Work for Hire agreements losing authorship rights?

#27831 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

To be honest, it really depends on “If you really need the bread, and/or the conditions for the “commissioned works””. I would say make sure you know what you are getting into, and if there is a back-end/residuals or any other payments that will happen for this work.

#27832 Reply
    CCohn

Makes sense. I wasn’t initially thrilled getting this offer. Will go back and read the fine print.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: NO RF, No Re-Titling, Non-Exclusive
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us