not sure which midi inputs to use for adding midi controller

Home Forums Hardware not sure which midi inputs to use for adding midi controller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paolo

Good morning,

I’m adding a 49 key mid controller keyboard but not sure where it would fit into my chain of gear (MacPro; Trinity keyboard, MOTU midi interface; fireface interface, LogicProX)

Currently, I have a 76 key Trinity keyboard (with no midi controllers) plugged into the front Midi In and Out of a MOTU Express XT (which has 7 additional midi ins and outs in the back) .

I also have a fireface interface with a midi in and out in the rear.

I’m adding a midi controller but still wish to keep using the Trinity keyboard as well – so where does the midi controller connect to?

Do I move the Trinity’s midi in/out to other midi ins/outs and insert the controller where the trinity was? or keep the trinity where it is and insert the new midi controller into the midi in/out in the back of the fireface or MOTU?

#26427 Reply
    Paolo

BUMP

#26428 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

USB input on your Mac should work fine.

#26432 Reply
    Paolo

thank you Michael. I did not know I wouldn’t need to use the midi ports just the USB. That is awesome. Thanks again for help – I appreciate it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #26432 in not sure which midi inputs to use for adding midi controller
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us