Orchetral-hybrid trailer attempt

Home Forums Critiques Orchetral-hybrid trailer attempt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kobiy
    Participant

Hey folks,
    I see really awesome Music posted here – I don’t know if my track can compete with that Standard, but I’ll give it a try. I’m thankful for any insightful comments that could help me get better.

I’ve added two Bursts of whitenoise (00:34, 1:42) on the track to make sure it doesn’t end up somewhere I don’t want it to. I hope you don’t mind.

#33956 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Hi Kobly, I hope you are doing well! As well, Happy New Year to You!

Now, please take no offense, but you did say that you need input so you can get better.

Question: Are you switching from some other genre’s to Trailer/Theme Music? Because I do hear that you are not novice; BUT, I am also hearing that you have not quite “digested” what all goes into making “really proficient, authentic, and competitive Music for thie marketplace”.

With Trailer & Theme being probably one of the MOST “saturated” genres; and many of your competitors “almost” as good as Hans Zimmer, Michael Giacchino, and Elfman (Big Up to Jacob Collier!!) You’re gonna literally have to “eat, Breathe, Sleep, and Poop this Music to even get noticed”.

Please take no offense. Right now is a time where You’re gonna have to be totally exceptional; or totally unique to get those placements.

#33957 Reply
    Kobiy
    Participant

Hi, thank you for your comment – and happy new year to you too!

Now, please take no offense, but you did say that you need input so you can get better.

None taken. I did ask for honest advice. That’s the only way to get better IMHO. You seem to be very active around here and know a lot about the business. To hear an opinion from a experienced user is of great value to me.

Question: Are you switching from some other genre’s to Trailer/Theme Music?

You are absolutely right. I did switch from a different genre / or a different approach to making music. I used to make a little bit of money on the side by producing lots of tracks (mostly EDM) in a short amount of time for RF-sites. But I would like to try something different. So I just recently got into the whole orchestral and trailer thing. Yes, I’m pretty sure I have not digested every aspect of it. It’s impressive you were able to tell that just by listening to that piece of music! I started writing this track without the Intention to write a trailer and “trailerized” it afterwards.

Right now is a time where You’re gonna have to be totally exceptional; or totally unique to get those placements.

I knew it was competetive, but that sounds pretty overwhelming. When you say ‘those placements’, you mean AAA theatrical trailers in blockbusters? I’m more aiming for a mid-tier boutique library (and move away from RF-sites), if that makes sense. I was hoping that I might have a better shot there. Also I’m not pinned down to writing only trailer music, if that will improve my chances for a placement.

#33958 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I used to make a little bit of money on the side by producing lots of tracks (mostly EDM)

There’s Your “Hook” right there. While you are taking the time to really understand trailer music. In the meantime, Incorporate your knowledge of EDM; and mix it with Orchestral, Strings, Brass, Woodwind, and possibly even “Toy Sounds”.

To be very honest, one of the main problems with EDM & Trap is “You can’t use it for a lot of General Applications”. Find the “Sweet-spot & Balance” and land the placements while you learn Trailer & Theme.

#33959 Reply
    Kobiy
    Participant

Sounds like a good plan. Thank you for the advice!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #33956 in Orchetral-hybrid trailer attempt
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us