Pay To Play Sites?

Home Forums General Questions Pay To Play Sites?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kingseamus
    Participant

Although this question doesn’t pertain to a music library, it’s still relevant to music licensing. I’m curious about people’s opinions regarding the licensing opportunity website [link removed].

I submitted to three opportunities some months back, but have since stopped. Any thoughts regarding the site’s legitimacy? Seems to be legit, but I think it’s relatively new, and there seems to be little information about it online.

#8506 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@kingseamus: I have removed the link and changed your topic title as we don’t get into “Pay To Play” sites on MLR. Early on I did allow them but they quickly turned into flame wars and threats of legal action from one notable company.

#8507 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

One more thing. Personally, I would stay away from pay to play sites.

#8510 Reply
    Jay

One more thing. Personally, I would stay away from pay to play sites.

I second that…

#8511 Reply
    Wildman

Yeah, it`s somehow a weird imagination of pay to get played sites….:-)

#8515 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

What’s the definition of a ‘pay to play’ site? There are some sites whereby submission fees are involved and the sites are very legit. Most of my library contracts (and resulting placements) are a result of paid submission fees.

In any field, there are legit and not-so-legit players. I recently licensed music for an ad campaign via a so called ‘pay to play’ site.

I know we can’t get into specific names here and I don’t want to start that type of discusssion. Just wanted to say I can’t see painting with a broad brush.

😀

#8674 Reply
    Gus

I agree with Advice. Not all of these sites are bad. I know a couple of composers that have submitted to website that charges a small submission fee and have gotten placements with license payouts that cover those submission fees 10 times over.

#9965 Reply
    Sonicjar Music

Well.. I have not tried this. I am planning to join one of them next month and give it a try!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Pay To Play Sites?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us