Percentage confusion

Home Forums PROs Percentage confusion

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    daveydad
    Participant

Most of the placements on my BMI statement show my percentage as 50%. But I also see a few at 100% and even one at 200%. Why does this vary??

#26584 Reply
    composer
    Participant

50 percent means you co-wrote and split the writer’s share. 200 percent means you own the writer’s and the publisher’s share.

#26585 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Right, but if all my placements come from some library getting them placed, how come on the 200% they aren’t keeping their share? That was a Discovery Channel placement.

#26586 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Right, but if all my placements come from some library getting them placed, how come on the 200% they aren’t keeping their share? That was a Discovery Channel placement.

Some intern, on a show, probably forgot to fill in the cue sheet correctly.

#26587 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Really?? So will this mistake be corrected eventually or is it my gain?

#26588 Reply
    composer
    Participant

It can be corrected. The amount you were erroneously paid will be deducted from a future statement.

#26589 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Dave,the 200% could be explained if it was a RF sale.But if you are sure it came from a specific library that keeps 100% of publisher’s share,then it should be corrected in a future statement.

#26590 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

nope. no rf sale that i know of

#26601 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Well, I asked around and no library I belong to placed this. So who knows how they got ahold of it. Hope they rerun it to death!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #26601 in Percentage confusion
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us