Perfect Song for licensing

Home Forums Share It! Perfect Song for licensing

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    More Advice

Many bands actually believed this part:

“Oh to have a song in a national campaign
    Millions would hear my song and they would say
    “Have you seen that commercial?
    You know the one about that thing?
    The song playing in the background is really great!”

Great piece of satire displaying how pathetically desperate an entire industry has become. It seems like the goal of many is to write a song in the hopes that it will get into a commercial.

These guys definitely spent some substantial time and money creating this. This was not some simple production. Weeks of planning, recording, mixing, filming, editing, went into this. They had lots of actors who hmmm…I wonder if they were paid? They are about to hit 1 million views and it’s not monetized with an ad…so I guess no royalties from the YOUTUBE content ID scheme?

They deserve an OSCAR, Grammy, Emmy, Addie, Clio, MTV Music award…every award in the book!

I score this a perfect 10!

#16128 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Great piece of satire displaying how pathetically desperate an entire industry has become. It seems like the goal of many is to write a song in the hopes that it will get into a commercial.

Blame Moby.

Actually, you can lay some of the blame onto companies like CD Baby who make it seem like the streets are paved with gold, in licensing land.

One of the best ways to make money in the music business is to sell things, to musicians.

#16203 Reply
    Edouardo
    Participant

I nearly died of laughter!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Reply #16079 in Perfect Song for licensing
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us