Performance Deleted? ASCAP took back some money!

Home Forums PROs Performance Deleted? ASCAP took back some money!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brian Watson

Hi all,

My last ASCAP quarterly had something I’d never seen before. They actually took money back, it appears that they adjusted it because of “Performance Deleted.” I wrote them to see what that meant but they haven’t gotten back to me. Anybody have any idea what that is all about? It was a decent chunk o’ change, more than half a month’s rent!

TIA!

#32146 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

Yeah it sucks right?!
    I see it a little on most statements these days – negative number ‘adjustments’. Could be a few reasons I can think of, the most likely being that the cue sheets were submitted before the shows aired, but the show ended up not airing all its episodes…

#32148 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

I have had a few PRS ones, PITA. Sometimes its just an admin error, Paul Thompson (Spitfire) had a story about an ad he did that went to Bryan Ferry of all people. He got 10K back .

#32151 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Same here. Also no response to my writing them for an explanation.

#32153 Reply
    BrianDWatson
    Participant

Interesting, thank you all. I wonder if I’ll ever hear back from them. They usually answer my questions within a few days, but it’s been over a week or so now.

#32168 Reply
    volt_9
    Participant

ASCAP is running about 1-1.5 mos with response times.

#32239 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Explanation:

“This debit occurred per erroneous matching of the wrong cue sheet…We did have to delete the erroneously matched performance, hence the debit adjustments that appear on your April 2019 royalty statement.”

Relying on cue sheets is such an inexact science given the technology available today.

#32240 Reply
    Brian Watson

Yeah it really is dumb. They should just license the tech that Tunesat uses.

#32241 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

They should just license the tech that Tunesat uses.

I’m a big fan of Tunesat but they do not catch everything.

#32242 Reply
    Brian Watson

They catch a heck of a lot more than ASCAP. I have about 45 shows (not episodes, shows!) that Tunesat has caught that I haven’t seen on my ASCAP. And these are old as I haven’t had Tunesat for close to a year now. There’s probably more. There’s no recourse for this besides contacting the library or show about it correct?

#32243 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

That’s right you ASCAP writers have that “survey” thing. 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Reply #32151 in Performance Deleted? ASCAP took back some money!
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us