Anonymous Posting

Home Forums Off Topic Posts Anonymous Posting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

This thread sprang from a thread on blanket licensing here.

Blanket Licenses

Just to reiterate. Posting under different anonymous names is not allowed. It only serves to try and skew the conversation unfairly. It’s one of the reason most forums make you register before posting and I would prefer not to make this a requirement on MLR. So please, do not post under different anonymous names., repeated offenses will get you banned. If you would like to change your user name contact me first and with a good reason!

Thank you.

Nick

Excuse me Art, but where in the rules does it state that we are not allowed to change our names? Dude, I no longer like my fake name. It’s my right to change it. Additionally, Why are we wasting energy getting off-topic from a very relevant discussion by anonymous participants?

Here are some points to remember with your own policies on your site:

When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name or e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.

[Removed by moderator as irrelevant]

Art Munson
    Keymaster

“I do have a right to call my anonymous name whatever I chose to call it.”

@Nick
    . As I stated in my e-mail to you.

Actually you don’t on MLR, my sandbox my rules. It skews the conversation if one decides to change names on a whim and makes a person’s agenda look bigger than it really is.

Here are some points to remember with your own policies on your site: You may, however, visit our site anonymously…

And you are visiting anonymously.

woodsdenis
    Participant

Posting under different names only proves desperation really. If you cant make a rational argument then don’t bother trying to give weight to it by inflating the discussion.

The Dude

Yeah, I guess it’s lame that he’s switching names, but the guy didn’t post under two names and agree with himself. I didn’t see any comments from his other name, unless I missed something.

Posting under different names only proves desperation really. If you cant make a rational argument then don’t bother trying to give weight to it by inflating the discussion.

Denis, you talk about people taking snipes at each other anonymously being unprofessional. So, because you’re using your real name, you get to tell someone they’re desperate and inflating the conversation? I’m not saying that Nick/More Advice is right, but why don’t you get off your high horse?

MichaelL
    Participant

@Kiwi…brilliant, articulate and rational. Thank you.

@Dude…I think what Denis was saying in a round about way is that it’s all a bit bizarre.

The “solutions” put forth often ignore practical reality. How do you remove all of your tracks, once they are in the clients’ hands, and have been for months, or years? Articulate and rational questions are met with silence, or equally impossible solutions.

I get that whoever is posting under all of these monikers is angry, and possibly feels trapped by choices that he/she made to grab for the golden ring, which is quickly turning to brass.

But, the net effect of his/her solutions, “everybody remove your tracks,” would put the library, and I think once specific library is the focus of his/her anger out of business. Maybe that’s his/her goal to get even for being wronged. Who knows?

The same person has also launched a campaign against royalty free libraries.

So, here’s my spin…a musician with a non library background, who spends a lot of time attacking the library business, yet provides no real solutions for all composers.

What do composers do with all the music that they’ve removed from retitle libraries, if you shut down the RF libraries? ***SILENCE**
    Every rational argument is ignored.

The same poster recently asked non pros to “stand aside.”
    That horse my friend is a little more than “high”

Here’s hoping that you’re a “real” pro Dude, otherwise prepare to remove your tracks and “stand aside.”

Now, everyone re-read Kiwi’s last post. Spot on.

“Good night and Good luck.”

_Michael

The Dude

Michael, I didn’t comment on the blanket license question, so don’t tell me I need to remove my tracks and “stand aside” because I made a comment about your buddy. I understand what Denis was saying, I’m simply stating that his comment was as much of a snipe (justified or not) as the ones he derides because they come from anonymous posters.

I find it funny that you go on a small rant about “Nick”, because he’s always going on rants. I think he’s doing you a favor by giving you an opportunity to post rebuttals and make your points. You’re like Coke and Pepsi. It’s adorable.

So… Blanket licensing, huh?

Nick

Trying to post anonymously hear is a bit tricky and touchy. I have some information that people would want to have that’s challenging to share in this forum due to the rules etc. Anyway, perhaps I’ll pass it on to Art and you can all get it from him privately in a week or so.

Kiwi, I agree with everything you are saying and your solutions.

Michael, I have no idea why you always have to turn these threads into a combat zone…really. I have a “campaign” against royalty free libraries? That’s news to me.
    I really don’t, I do think that new folks or young folks should not be lead down a path of “crank out 4 cues a day and get them on those RF markets and good things will come.” This is what you get out of these threads sometimes. I think most would agree that creating high quality music that is distributed by PRO alligned libraries is a better way to go. I’d think you may agree with that.

Again, we’re off topic and referring back to old threads so let’s not go there. Back to what Kiwi was saying, Everyone does have to make up their own mind about what they want to do. Writers are libraries raison d’etre, and we have to decide if we want to support those places that take our music, profit from it, and don’t pay the writers.
    I have terminated my relationships with these places as of late and it really feels great.

I’m checking out of this thread..and Michael..don’t throw back your sarcasm in your next comment, I will not engage with you as it is unproductive and a waste of time. Kiwi, I appreciate your experiences and observations and they are 100% on the money.

spaz

This is your quote from a previous thread Nick.

Tim, start a thread called “Why Royalty Free Must Be Defeated”.

A completely ignorant statement by anyone’s standards. You should back off your campaign to get everyone to do as you wish (a ridiculous quest as only a tiny percentage of the composers out there are actually reading what you are posting) and simply concentrate on your own situation.

Thanks to kiwi for posting some very interesting insights regarding blanket licenses.

Advice
    Participant

Regardless of viewpoint, if someone feels the need to constantly change what name they use when they post, I doubt their credibility.

Nick

Spaz, That was my sense of humor. That’s the problem with anonymous threads, personality and sense of humour can not be detected and writings are taken too literally at times.

I do believe that RF is a big threat to PRO libraries and future income for composers. The income will keep spiraling down.

Advice, I no longer want a similar name to yours.

This is without a doubt my last post in this thread, I really want to hear what others have to say about Kiwis perfect analysis (in my opinion).
    What do you think Advice?

woodsdenis
    Participant

Denis, you talk about people taking snipes at each other anonymously being unprofessional. So, because you’re using your real name, you get to tell someone they’re desperate and inflating the conversation?

Dude, I really miss your point here as you seem to be confused.

1. I think people taking snipes at each other anonymously is unprofessional ( a completely different thread, you stored that resentment up. wow !!!!). I haven’t commented in this thread previously, perhaps you could do us all a favor and keep to the topic.

2. The fact that I use my real name has got nothing to do with the issue of using two or more names when posting on a relatively small forum. No matter what name I post under I still believe that,

I will not comment again as I think the thread deserves some debate. tx Kiwi for your contribution.

spaz

I do believe that RF is a big threat to PRO libraries and future income for composers. The income will keep spiraling down.

And like in other threads you refuse to listen to reason from professionals who have much more experience than you do.
    “The majority of RF libraries require their customers to submit cue sheets.”

So WTF are you on about? Give it a rest.

MichaelL
    Participant

First…I’m not “spaz.” So don’t go down that road.

No sarcasm “Nick.” So, what are you going to do with all of those “liberated” cues? Once you lead people through the desert you have to give them a clue where they’re going.

Sorry, if you don’t like my approach but, you see, in the law accusations must be backed up with evidence, not innuendo, or I have secret information, etc. It’s hearsay, which is inadmissible because it is not reliable.

Dude, I apologize for going off the “blanket license” thread. I wasn’t telling YOU to remove your tracks and stand aside, I was paraphrasing Nick, More Advice, royalty collector guy, whoever’s stance, to make a point that if anyone is on a “high horse” it is the person who made the orignal “stand aside” remark (in another thread) not Denis.

And yes, Nick, More Advice, Royalty Collector Guy, Whoever at the moment, this is a HUGE waste of time. On that we agree.

ALSO…several posts back I said that Kiwi’s analysis was “brilliant, articulate and rational,” as well as “spot on.”

So, Dude, as much as you find Nick and I to be “adorable” sparring partners, he’ll be playing solitaire from now on.

Best of luck…

“No longer Free Advice”

The Dude

Denis, I’m not confused at all. I think you seem to be, though. And a bit presumptuous. The resentment comment is laughable, I simply remembered you saying one thing, then ignoring your own philosophy when addressing others. I think you’re trying to draw conclusions that have nothing to do with my post.

I haven’t commented in this thread previously, perhaps you could do us all a favor and keep to the topic.

I don’t understand this at all. The post that I quoted originally was yours and it was in the same blanket licensing thread. Also, your post had nothing to do with blanket licensing, but about Nick using a different name. So I guess we were both off topic. Have a good one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Anonymous Posting’ is closed to new replies.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us