Possible placement from an older submission..

Home Forums General Questions Possible placement from an older submission..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jay

I have a handful of songs with PMP and haven’t submitted anything to them since 08 (especially since their change in payment split) – I found a registration of a song with [removed by moderator] in the retitle and [removed by moderator] as the publisher at my PRO.

If any of you guys/gals have had experience with this company could you tell me if this means I have a placement and if so a payment coming? I don’t
    think they do blanket deals…after jumping through a bunch of hoops I did contact them but who knows when I’ll hear back..thanks..Jay

#11763 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Possibly.

#11764 Reply
    Jay

thanks DI…I forgot all about even having stuff with them and when I saw the registration I couldn’t help but wonder…if anyone else has had placements with them could you please chime in..thanks..Jay

#11801 Reply
    Sean Clark

Hi Jay,

I just had the same type of registration in ASCAP as you described. No cue sheet though, did one show up for you? Just noticed it so I guess I’ll just wait and see what comes of it.

Sean

#11805 Reply
    soundspot
    Participant

I actually have had a few large placements with [removed by moderator]. They resulted in some decent money – both the fees and some decent back end.
    (One placement was for $2500 sync plus royalties … just under $1000 on the sync alone after they take their exorbitant cut…)

With all the bad PR about [removed by moderator] I was really close to writing them off, but as of the last year [removed by moderator] had come through fairly well more than once. Mixed feelings for sure, but I decided I’d go one more round with them and submit a few new cues and see…

I’ve always only received money from them once a year, late July/early August. It appears they pay annually… Can anyone else confirm the same?

#11806 Reply
    Jay

Hi Jay,

I just had the same type of registration in ASCAP as you described. No cue sheet though, did one show up for you? Just noticed it so I guess I’ll just wait and see what comes of it.

No cue sheet here either…this is what’s going on..they’re starting an RF division and doing direct licenses with some tracks..I had to email them twice to understand why they were being registered with a PRO if no back end royalties are expected..I think I get it now but still not 100% sure..I really don’t understand why a big company like that is still doing paper/snail mail submissions…their website seems a bit screwy as well as there seems to be the old one and the new one…I know they get placements but I don’t submit to them the way things are there..35% really? – Jay

#11817 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Once more I will remind you all. Discussions about individual libraries must take place at the appropriate library listing on MLR, not on an open forum. Those references will be removed.

#33935 Reply
    Dean Anderson

If you signed a publishing Agreement with this company, they will register those works for you – whether they’ve gotten placements for the pieces or not…It is in the HOPE that should they GET those placements, credit for the works will already be designated. Make sure you have a good look at the “share” split and that it is consistent with the Agreement you have with them. Good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Possible placement from an older submission..
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us