Possible Sample Clearence

Home Forums General Questions Possible Sample Clearence

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    LAwriter
    Participant

At least the guy asked. I’ve got people buying instrumental tracks all the time, writing *&^%$#$ lyrics and singing over the track with a CRAPPY voice. It used to really burn me, and I wanted to hunt every one down and stop them cold, but at this point, I chalk it up to “spoilage”. Cost of doing business.

#30921 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I’ve got people buying instrumental tracks all the time, writing *&^%$#$ lyrics and singing over the track with a CRAPPY voice.

There was a thread about that a few years ago. There’s a guy who does this and sells the tracks on CD Baby. He’s still out there.

#30923 Reply
    MaxPower
    Participant

I think I know the guy you mean Michael. I’m not sure anybody is buying his stuff though – it’s horrendous.

#30926 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

There was a thread about that a few years ago.

I think I know the guy you mean Michael.

Hey, by any chance can you point me to this thread? Now you’ve piqued my curiosityu. I bet one of the instances I’m referring to is the same guy…. LOL

#30927 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

@LAwriter, I’ll send you a PM.

#30930 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I killed a lot of that thread because of threats of lawsuits but not from this guy. I think this is the one you are looking for.

#30933 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

Nope. That’s not the guy. LOL There are probably a ton of people doing this….

#30962 Reply
    mmuser
    Participant

Finally..
    when I asked the customer to give me information about the project and the type of music use, he would like to do…he just did not show up again 🙂
    Any way, I got a lot of useful information from your answers..Thank you so much!

#30968 Reply
    Studio51
    Participant

A bit off the subject. Are the Instrumentalists members of the union and were they on or off the sheet? You can run into a mess if they are on the sheet regardless of any WFH agreement you have with them.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Reply #30926 in Possible Sample Clearence
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us