Pricing stems?

Home Forums General Questions Pricing stems?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    macaent
    Participant

Hey guys If anyone one has any experience with stem requests, how much would you charge for a YT creator with a decent amount of subscribers? I’ve never been asked for stems for production music before and that seems like an odd request to me. It is pretty typical in Popular music, but is this type of thing common practice in production? Seems like it should be a little more expensive than a single Wav/Mp3.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

#20097 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Maybe check into the risk of it getting wrapped up in content id. Or just treat it as exclusive, and charge the samme you expect an exclusive library would get for it and price it like you would a bed? Just taking a shot in the dark here and no one else seems to be chimimg in.

#20099 Reply
    macaent
    Participant

Thanks Chuck. I guess I’ll just keep digging.

#20102 Reply
    Edouardo
    Participant

All depends of the context… If you licence a track where the producer just wishes to adjust the mix to the video, then imho, stems should not come with an additional “compositor” fee (i.e. come with full track on request) + eventually a small fee for the work you provide to extract the stems (hourly rate). But the video producer must understand that the stems should be used in context of your track: he cannot build a track on top of your stems or sample them for other projects. If he does and you allow it, then it should be one full track price per stem he uses that way.

Additionally, be careful with stems if you use RF sample libraries: all those I know do not allow the sounds to appear alone in a track that you would license, situation that can easily occur in some stems. Consult their EULA carefully or contact them if you have doubts…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Pricing stems?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us